Friday, August 12, 2011

Redefining Two

That little Lincoln of ours is quite the piece of work...I blame his Dad...I was an absolute angel at all times. After our 4 day get away my mom told me that Lincoln has redefined two...she had a blast. :-/

This is the first time I've had a kid start to talk on time; which also means, this is the first time I've had insight into the inner workings of the 2 year old mind...scary.


Gabriel and Garrett have deemed themselves "Official Junior Parents". Fun.

Often the big boys are called down off their parenting high horses with, "(Fill in the name) YOU are not a parent."

A couple days ago I decided to brave Wal Mart since I only had the two little kids in tow. Lincoln was screeching and being obnoxious enough it still felt like all four of them were with me. I finally looked him square in the eye and said through gritted teeth, "Lincoln! No. More. Screaming!!"

That boy looked right back at me and declared (loudly) "You not parwent!"

He strongly disagreed when I let him know that actually YES I am the parent.



Any time he sees someone kissing he'll look at me and yell, "Oh GROSS!" Or if he sees a girl on the TV he'll say, "Ew a girlo."

Any chance he gets to climb on anything that can be climbed on he will. Every time I come out of the bathroom or out from laying Lynneah down, or doing anything that has him out of sight for 2 seconds that darn kid has climbed up to the counter and grabbed anything he could. He ate 4 bananas in one day. I'll spare you the details of how that turned out. I caught him with sharpie pens and pencils to "write my letters" with. I caught him just in time tearing into the jelly beans we've been bribing with to use the potty. Stephen's gotten to share in the joy too. I had a week long headache that would not go away. I finally had Stephen pick up a Dr Pepper to drink with some Tylenol...wouldn't you know Stephen busted him sucking that stuff down as fast as he could. That was a super fun night!


He loves swimming!! As we drove home during our only decent monsoon storm to hit he would look at the wash running and say, "You blow a bubbles?" Hmmm, not in that nasty water...


I'm very passionate about my parking spaces...they must always be under a tree. I will walk from a farther distance if it means parking under a tree. Stephen just thinks it's weird, so every time we'd go anywhere as a family Stephen will say, "A tree! A tree!" Now Lincoln responds back, "Park a unda it!" Yeah he's got my back.


His new ploy to keep me from selling him to the gypsies is to play nicely till about 11 am then become the cling-0n of the century while begging to cuddle. By then this house is getting nice and steamy with all the humidity so I sit my lazy self down and cuddle him while watching Mickey Mouse. I know not productive on any level but at least he will cuddle me. Lynneah will have nothing to do with anything that could even be construed as cuddling.

4 comments:

Sharron said...

Enjoy that cuddling while you can . . you USED to be that way.

Should I be listening more closely to him when he is talking? In defense?

Molly said...

He would get together WELL with my middle child. Most everything you said, I said, "Yep - that's Ali!"

Brianna said...

Nope, Lynneah won't snuggle AT ALL! So enjoy Lincoln! He sounds like a bundle of energy, who has learned to entertain himself. There are ups and downs to that one! lol. Don't worry. He'll be 3 before you know it!

Alison said...

My favorite part of your post was that your go to after all the craziness and stress was a Dr. Pepper. I refer to it as my beer. The way after a long day some people just need a cold beer to unwind, that's how I am with Dr. Pepper. Mmmmmm.