Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Winter Wonderland-ish


When it starts doing this as pre-school ends...

Mamma's gonna get her camera to take pictures like this.


Then it stopped and look at what we saw...







She finally woke up so I could take pictures like this.


And this.

Once I get going...

I just keep going.


Then it was time to pick the big boys up at school. So I could take more pictures. ;)
They were so excited to tell me how they were, "on rainy day schedule, but DIDN'T FOLLOW IT because we got to go out and play in the snow!" Um, yeah, snow day here means that the school kids go out into it and play. They went out in shifts...probably a pretty good idea. Such an exciting day for them.

This cute pose was all him.

He was way into getting to climb the rocks for his picture.

Since I had all five with  me and awake I figured we might as well see what kind of group shot we could manage...




He's not a junior mama like an oldest girl would be, but, he has found his inner "big brother".
The little kids cooperate with holding hands and following when it's his idea. And it's ADORABLE.


They wanted to check out what was on the other side of the cave....besides the snooty rich people that are so horrified about mingling with the commoners that they live on the other side of a mountain.


It was a huge bonus to discover snow at home too!!

From the balcony...

Snow guaranteed to have no rocks in the snowballs.

Had the potential to be a super cute shot, still makes me smile.

Such cuteness.

She had to finish the snow day off by watching from inside.

Never managed to get to the daily load of dishes or 2 loads of laundry, but just how often do you get to play in this much snow without leaving town? Yeah, never. I bet all the golfers are enjoying our mild winter weather right about now. ;-)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I almost drove to Tucson when I heard you got snow! Then we got some here, I couldn't believe it. I totally burned dinner because I was out taking pictures. Burned broccoli smells sooo bad, but it was worth it. Your kids are looking so cute and fun!

Anonymous said...

Those are some awesome pictures! More snow than we had in Indiana until a storm blew in last night.

Liz said...

You took some seriously great pictures Mariah!! I loved the scenic ones. It snowed a lot. We had a hail storm up here.

Alison said...

Such great pics!