Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day Trip to Bisbee


We took an impromptu day trip down to Bisbee.
(Don't know why it's underlining everything and can't get rid of it.)
Day trips will be the only way we visit until some of the in home help that is needed is accepted. It's harsh and I don't care! She thinks she's stubborn...well let me introduce myself...I'm quieter about my stubborn than I used to be, but I'm going to win this one. I'm hopeful that some of the medical concerns we have may get addressed too. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed. Oh how I wish we were in a place to get into a bigger house with a guest house to move them into. It would make life SO much easier and save a ton of gas and time.


My "favorite" conversation of the day went something like this:

Her: That Lincoln sure has blonde hair.
Me: Yeah, I've had people ask if they all have the same father. We were both there when he was born so we know he's ours.
Her: Well, maybe Stephen needs to find out who you've been cheating with.
Me: *Stunned Silence*

(What I wanted to say: I know you can't even begin to fathom what a healthy, happy marriage between two people fiercely in love with each other might be like but is that really something that should be said to a daughter-in-law?)
Surprising I didn't give her a tongue lashing isn't it? Instead I just put it away with all the other hurtful, mean things that have been said to me. I guess that Stephen has had a mellowing influence on me.

On a different note while driving around showing the boys the finer parts of good ol' Bisbee, we found this...

This is an old empty foundation between two buildings that's been empty for as long as I've been visiting the place. I don't why I thought it was HILARIOUS, but I laughed out loud. I guess maybe because Old Bisbee has always had an "occupy" feel to it, it seemed a little redundant to take over an abandoned building foundation and put signs up. It was my laugh of the day.


3 comments:

Ashley said...

oh mariah, I am sorry. Why do people think that is necessary and/or funny to make jokes like that? When some of our babies have come out looking really tan and dark-haired I got a lot of the same thing, sometimes from my own brothers! It is one thing to say you just don't care what other people say/think, but it is harder when it is family. I am glad you and Stephen have such a good relationship!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe that was a "joke" that was funny once, a long time ago, but it's not anymore.

Wow, how did I live in AZ for 10 years and never make it to Bisbee? I can't believe I missed out on that...

Brianna said...

Ahh, I have SOOO many memories of Bisbee!

Sorry about what she said. You know, he may have blonde hair, but I think he looks so much like you that you can't miss the family resemblance...and he and gabriel look a lot alike to. Some people just don't know how to think before they speak. :(