Friday, October 19, 2012

I wonder...

Such concentration! He was soaked and deliriously happy about it by the end.
He was so cute to watch...took all the activities so seriously and loved it!

Will I ever be able to help with, or watch my kiddos do, something like this without a twinge?
A twinge of anger.
A twinge of frustration.
A twinge of sadness.
A twinge of utter defeat.
A twinge of that deep underlying feeling that's not describable.
And complete revoltion with druke and green.

It's been long enough that there shouldn't be any twinges left, but I have got such an evil nature that there are. I try to be like Stephen, but his ability to just move on is a gift, and I don't have it. I am grateful for my own gift of being able to tuck all my emotions safely away behind a big toothy smile and appear like all is well. No one ever thinks of an ability like that as a gift, but it is, and has served me so well in social settings, school settings, church settings, and family settings. It is a good gift.

He was so dang cute...that helped. :-)

2 comments:

Alison said...

He looks SO big in this picture. Handsome boy!

Ashley said...

Mariah, I am not sure I know what you are referring to (what happened?), but Gabe looks so cute concentrating so hard. I also loved your pumpkin patch pictures! We are hoping to come to Tucson in a couple weeks. I had some books for your kids I forgot to give you when you were here, maybe we can stop by.