Friday, April 12, 2013

Busted! Now Confess!!

Setting: Lincoln in Timeout
Timer chimes it's bell of freedom.
Me: Come talk to me. 
(If they don't remember why they're in timeout and need a reminder they, go back for another 2 minutes.)
Lincoln: I'm sorry for tackling Garrett.
(Not what I was going for, but thanks for the confession.)
Me: And.
Lincoln: Sorry for squeezing Garrett really hard like this. 
(Again, not what I was going for, and another confession.)
Me: And.
Lincoln: Sorry for spilling water on your couch. 
(For the love! Uh, no still not what I was going for. These confessions are certainly piling up.)
Me: And.

Pause....Thinking really hard so he doesn't have to go back for 2 minutes...face brightens up...


SORRY FOR NOT LISTENING TO WHAT YOU SAID AND DOING IT THE FIRST TIME YOU TOLD ME! Yeah, sorry for not listening. 
(Like when I told you to put said spilled water on the counter so you wouldn't spill it on the couch.)
Me: It is NOT OK to ignore your Mom. Now, go tell Garrett you're sorry for tackling and squeezing him.
Lincoln: Right now?
Me: Uh, yes my dear.
(I'm pretty sure timeout is lost on this kid, but "they" say he'll get it eventually.)

(At least he's good at looking remorseful.)

Another whole year before he can get into the structure of a Kindergarten setting....
I think we might die. That boy is so ready. Have to stay one step ahead of him or he'll run circles around ya like a little Tasmanian Devil.



Saturday on the way home from the first soccer game we dropped the car off to get new tires while we went to the next two games. Apparently cracked tires aren't good to drive on in the summer when you live in the desert....and since summer is ALREADY here, figured we'd better get it done.

While waiting outside for Stephen...

Gabriel: Mom, call dad I have to go to the bathroom.
Me: I already texted him and told him we were waiting outside.
Gabriel: I have to go baaaad!
Me: Sorry, gotta hold it.
Lincoln: Why don't you just pee outside?
Me: No, we don't do that.
(Despite your brothers' example in the back yard.)
Lincoln: Why? Is it pee littering?

Ummm,yes, we'll go with that if it keeps you from peeing in public.



Lincoln was "Stinky Linky" for a long time. 
Then he became Linky-Poo. 
Lynneah, in her efforts to say Linky-Poo calls him "Wimpy Poo".
 IT IS THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD!! He's usually pretty good humored about it. 

No comments: