Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Garrett


I just love Garrett's hair in this picture, we were getting ready for Church. I feel a lot like this by the time we finally get to Church on most Sundays. The saddest part is our block doesn't start till 1 p.m. and we're lucky to get there right on time or a little late. I sure hope we can make it at all when we're on the early schedule.











Funny Garrett story:
One night I was in the family room nursing while all the big boys were eating dinner. Stephen was getting run to death fetching juice, spoons, napkins, and what ever else our pampered little princes felt they needed. Everyone was finally set and eating, this is what I hear...

Garrett: Hers is touching her big weenie!
I'm thinking what the heck did he say?
Garrett: Hers is touching her big weenie!
Stephen: Don't talk about weenies at the table. I'm thinking what the ?!?
(Very loud) Hers is touching her big weenie!
Me: What the heck is he talking about?
Stephen to me: I don't know...weenies.
Stephen to Garrett: What are you talking about?
Garrett: Hers weenie.
Stephen: Where?
Garrett: On the "pee-yan-o"
Stephen: (laughing pretty hard) That's a drum buddy, NOT a weenie. We don't touch weenies.

The inner workings of this kid's brain are so unpredictable.

6 comments:

Sharron said...

Little dickens is kind of into anatomy these days, isn't he? We were having lots of "weenie" talk last night! He was such a nice snuggle in my lap and reading books last night. He is my little arm full and his extra strong will is a gift from our Heavenly Father. It will serve mankind in unique ways . . . Garrett's!

Sheffer's said...

Why is it that everything revolves around "weenies" or "wee-wees" as we say in our house? I swear, I don't know how many times a day I have to remind my little boys about he appropriate ways to use that thing! :D I know you know what I mean! haha Your boys are adorable. Your life sounds so similar to mine, it makes me wish we lived closer!

Brianna said...

That is pretty darn hilarious! Oh the things that come up at the dinner table! :)

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

Now THAT is wicked funny!

Courtney said...

We had 2:00 church last year and we were still late. I blame that more on Ethan's nap schedule though, sometimes those are more important than being to church on time;)

Ava Nielson said...

Funny story, but side note about Garrett- I always thought he looked just like Stephen, but that picture looks JUST like your mom!!! CRAZY!