Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Gabriel...


The Monday and Wednesday morning schedule around here is fun. I either leave the little boys running wild at home or drop them off at Nanny's house around 7:15. That leaves just me and Gabriel left in the car for the drive to school drop off; then I head straight to work from there. He's a talkative little guy and tells me all kinds of stuff on the way to school.

Yesterday he asked, "Mom how do you get the baby out of your tummy?"

Hmmm, I doubt he's really wanting the how that happens. I could sure use some of that farm/ranching exposure I grew up with. That was an education...on more than one occasion. Ask me about billy goats and I'll tell ya a story. ;-) I'll spare you the cow and horse stories.

Me: "I just push them out."

Gabriel: "It hurts a little bit, huh?"

Me: "Yeah a little bit." (Which is why ya'll should be NICE to your Mommas!)

Gabriel: "How do you push them out?"

Me: "Just take a big breath and push, then they come out."

Gabriel: "Sometimes I take a big breath and push out my poop. It shoots (complete with hand motions) into the toilet like a rocket!"

Me: "Wow, that sounds pretty crazy." (No rocket babies for me thanks.)

Gabriel: "I wish my sister was already out of your tummy."

Me: "Me too buddy!"

And then he was off and talking in a totally different direction. We still have lots of challenges to conquer, but he's sure come a long way. Those eyes of his and that truly happy smile he gets sometimes always brightens my day.

Speaking of his sister coming out...she's making a little more progress. The Dr said she's dropped a little, 60% effaced and to a 3. My weight, although higher than allowed, is holding steady and blood pressure is actually going down. Weird. I think she's making a statement, "Go ahead and try...I'm a girl and am gonna do whatever I want."

4 comments:

Ashley said...

oh good! I have been thinking about you and wondering if you were getting really close to having that baby! You or your mom will have to be sure and keep updating. Good Luck! I wonder how to answer all those tricky "how did the baby get here" questions that come up all the time...

Sharron said...

Ah yes . . . I do love revenge . . . . let's see
1- I was like me grandma, so mom had to raise her.
2- You were like my mom, so I had to raise her. So I had to raise her.
3- Now you get to raise me, and I do plan to enjoy this and so is Dad!!!

Yee-Haw!!

Alison said...

Zoey just asked me tonight how Olivia came out of my tummy. I said that maybe we would talk about it a different time. She was ok with that for now. I just don't even know where to go with that one.

Yay for the progress towards baby. Hope you get to meet her soon. My bet is that she makes her entrance the first really beautiful, cold fall day we get. :)

Brianna said...

I love those sweet (and often heart warming...but funny) conversations with are little 1st graders! Thansk for sharing. It was fun to hear Gabriel's excitement for his sister!

I'm sure she will be here soon! :)