Friday, February 3, 2012

Observations of the Male Sort...

I went back to work a couple weeks ago. At the end of one assignment on the first day several people asked when I was due and what I was having. I briefly answered end of February and a girl. One boy looked me in the eye and very authoritatively said, "You know ultrasounds aren't accurate." I smiled back at all his 19 years of life experience and responded, "A boy is good too, I have three those." He looked deflated. I'm not sure if it was because I wouldn't debate the accuracy of ultrasounds or that I'm ok with either gender.

Yesterday as I was finishing getting ready for work Stephen came in. He wrapped his arms around my belly and said, "Something's changed you're bigger than last night." So sweet. ;-) I'd noticed the bigger part when I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT WAS BIG ENOUGH TO BE COMFORTABLE WHILE INTERPRETING. Good thing he's a nice guy and I'll keep him anyway.

Then it was off to work. I was standing outside waiting for the client when another random guy came up and asked how far along I was. I said I had 2-4 weeks left. His eyes got big and asked if it was twins. :/ I explained that this was number 5 so I'm just bigger now. He replied, "Linebacker huh?" That's my little girl for ya.

As I was leaving another random guy asked again how far along I was. Again, I said I had 2-4 weeks left. "Whoa!" was all he could manage.

I am rather gargantuan these days. I would love nothing more than to climb in a cave and just stay there till she gets here. Working is making me so tired, couple that with soccer, an average of 2+ hours of big boy homework per night, the constant pain my body is in and I'm ready for bed by about 8. I've thought making it all the way to the 29th would make the coolest birthday EVER, but my desire for a kid with a cool birthday is rapidly waning. I'm dilated to a 1...ready or not she's coming.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

We're excited for her to arrive...and for your body to finally get a break. I know it must have been tough. Hang in there! :)

Sarah's Show said...

Don't worry; you still make a very cute pregnant lady!!