Friday, April 27, 2012

Gabriel: Mom, can we go to Taco Bells?

Me: Taco BeLL, it's BeLL, not BellS. I have a really weird issue with adding an 's' at the end of words that don't have one. I had a teacher in high school that my mom would always add an 's' to the end of his name and it drove me crazy. I have seriously dorky pet peeves.

Gabriel: Can we go to Taco BeLL?

Me: No.

Gabriel: (sticks lip out, folds arms in pout mode, looks absolutely ridiculous on a big 7 year old) Why?!?

Me: I'm just one of those mean kind of moms.

Garrett: WELL, if you don't let us go to Taco Bell I'm gonna put you in the DONATE BOX!  Then busts up laughing at how funny he finds himself.

Me: That would be pretty awesome.

At least it ended Gabriel's little pout fest. :-)



~We've got a pretty good list of people we're praying for health for. One of them is my father-in-law. He has a hernia that's been there for a long time but it's starting to cause pain so he's decided to have it fixed. It's gotta be really painful if he's willing to have surgery to fix it because he's just not that kinda guy. One night I'm listening to the prayer. First I hear Sister Larson, then Grandma Joclair, then Kenzie, then I hear, "Please help Grandpa Joe's muscle to stop cracking." After the amen I looked up and Stephen with that face that says what the heck what he talking about? Stephen explained that he'd told the boys Garandpa's hernia what kinda like a muscle crack. Thus the prayer to help the muscle stop cracking. Funny boys.

3 comments:

Sharron said...

OK, so who was the teacher and was I being funny? . . and is that like Lizes?

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

momentsthattakeyourbreathaway said...

I love the "donate box" comment. Kids can be so funny. I am very touched that your kids pray for me. So humbled. And let them know, it's working! :)