Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

As Good as it Gets...
Are you noticing an "As Good as it Gets" Theme?
Lincoln didn't have to go to the bathroom, but you'd never know it from the picture.

We ended up with a gazillion eggs from the ward Easter egg hunt yesterday, thought I'd put them to use.

Stephen always tells me to take my own pictures here at home and not go to a studio. I tried, not impressive, but I tried.

She actually kind of humored me here.

Not too shabby for a picture taken with my phone.


I'd like to say I was so inspired by the messages of hope and resurrection shared at church today, but I couldn't really tell you one single thing said. I would have liked to hear them. I know I admire all the speakers from today's program, but to everything there's a season and this is NOT my season to hear a word that said in church. Maybe someday. Despite not hearing anything, I'm still forever deeply grateful for the gift of the atonement and resurrection.
We have next Sunday and then the one after that Lynneah will be in Nursery!! I might be able to listen a little bit until Kenzie starts getting noisy. It was interesting managing two little ones during the second two hours. I'm glad it'll only be a couple weeks. I'd had big hopes that the new baby could just sleep in the clerk's office with Stephen till Lynneah was 18 months but we've found we weren't really blessed with a baby that sleeps on command and would humor us in that little arrangement. So here's to one week down and one to go. I was actually sweating from the Sacrament Meeting wrestling match today. I need some straight jackets...with ties, of course, so it'll look ok for church.

6 comments:

Molly said...

Kenzie is so cute!! My first 2 we had about 2 1/2 months before nursery and I would often ask myself, "Why do I come to church to just roam the halls?" Now all three taken by others and I LOVE IT!!

Ashley said...

Ha, we had that kind of Sunday too! Our kids were kind of monsters and we were wondering if all the candy didn't help. I think we had chocolate for breakfast. I was so tired out by the end of church!
I love the picture of all of your kids ready for Easter Sunday!!

sharron m huish said...

Don't worry, by the time you're 60 you'll be able to her all the talks . . . Dang I'm so funny!!

Alison said...

I love the picture of all your kids. I was the same way taking pictures on Sunday. I just kept saying "sometimes that's just what you get when you have little ones". I also love the picture of the baby on her belly. It turned out really cute. It was great seeing you at church on Sunday. So awesome to see you with those 2 little girls. You have such a sweet family!

Anonymous said...

When I worked in nursery we let a kid in a couple weeks early because the mom was in your situation. Too bad yours didn't!

Sharron said...

Wait a minute, wasn't that Lynneah in Gabe's arms last year? wow!