Thursday, February 12, 2009

I all dressed!




I told my mom yet another story and she said, "you have to start putting this stuff on your blog." It's just taken me forever to get the pictures off my camera, and heavy support from Stephen to get these pictures ready to post. GRRR!! I thought blogging sounded like a great way to preserve memories, now I realize I was just flat out born in the wrong era for all this technology.

Anyway, this is a Garrett story. In our house we have a very strict 1:00 p.m. nap/quiet time. The boys rarely sleep anymore; but Mommy needs quiet time. So they go to their rooms and usually start out laying in their beds, but within minutes I can hear LOTS of playing happening. They both have funny imaginations. I need to figure out how get them recorded playing when they don't know I'm doing it.

Garrett LOVES his "camo" shoes. The first thing he does in the mornings is put on his camo shoes over his jammies, and play till we come in to get him. For nap times I just put him in a diaper and shirt. I came in the other day and he'd put his pants back on...backwards, and of course had his camo shoes on...the wrong feet. When I opened the door he announced, "I all dressed." He was so proud. I'm not sure where he was planning on going.

Right after that Stephen and Gabriel got home from running around, so they got to see his enseble too. I'm sure he'd spent a good amount of time getting himself put together, he really struggles when we have him put his pants on without help. He can usually get the front up, but getting the back up and over his pull-up or diaper is hard for him. He was facing me when I first opened the door, after he turned around and I saw him from the back I couldn't help but laugh.

I never know what I'm going to find when I open the door at the end of quiet time.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

that is so funny!!! My girls love dressing their selves and it is quite funny the outfits that they come up with!! I love the quiet time. I do that with my girls. My youngest still takes a nap around noon so my two oldest have quiet time then. I love it, although sometimes it isn't that quiet.

Liz said...

That is so cute. They are always so proud because they think they look WONDERFUL and I never had the heart to tell them any different. The worst is if you need to go somewhere and you have to make the choice to either leave it and be embarassed or change them. When I was pregnant with Royal (#4) I remember just being so tired in the afternoon so I decided the other three were getting regular naps so mommy could rest. Now Amanda was always up for a nap but Crystal and Jessica not so much. But they all slept to my delight. Then weeks later I caught them sneaking back in to their bedroom window. We lived out on the ranch so they would run for their fort in the mountain and play but this particular day they played to long and got caught. Fun times!

Ashley said...

I can't believe how tall and old Garrett has gotten! He is so handsome. Rebekah has nice long hair now and is quite a little lady, think he will still be interested if we visit this summer? She also taught herself to say "No way" so that should keep him in line. You have such cute boys, can't wait to hear what you name the next one!

Sharron said...

You never change their outfits, it would crush their little hearts, or they throw a fit and you have to deal with that. And if you leave them, they have lots to get mad at you later when they see the pictures of what they "looked like whe you went to town". Right Mariah?;-)

Unknown said...

How cute! What is quite time? My kids will not be quite at all. I would have to muzzle their lips together then hog tie them to the bed post! He is adorable!

Okay and we are not that old to figure out the computer! You can do it! If I can do you can do it!

Brianna said...

That is such a cute story! It reminds me of Tati and all her independant adventures! :) By the way, with his hair cut like that, he looks a lot more like Gabriel...it was amazing. I had to do a double take when I first saw the pictures!