Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Already ?!?

Gabriel and I were riding in the car and this is what transpired...

Gabriel: (with all the attitude of a 13 year old) Mom, why don't you give me a phone?!

Me: What kind of phone?

Gabriel: (same impatient 13 year old attitude) A phone like you have.

Me: A cell phone? Why do you need a cell phone?

Gabriel: (more attitude like this has been an ongoing issue for a while) Yeah, a cell phone; I need to make calls.

Me: Well, maybe when you get older you can buy a cell phone and make all the calls you want.

Gabriel: (new attitude of oh, you're such an uncool mom and don't get it) No, I need to make important calls nooowww.

Me: (seeing that this is getting nowhere fast) Ok, talk to Dad about it when we get home.
*Pat myself on the back, now it's Stephen's problem.*

8 comments:

Brianna said...

Before you know it, Kinders will ALL have cell phones at school! I'm half kidding, and half serious. Scary, huh? Lol. Hang in there Gabriel, you will grow up soon enough.

Eldredge Family said...

William has such a little attitude with me sometimes. It makes me so angry! I have resist all urges to smack his little attitude right off his face! All my nephews have cell phones I think one of them just turned nine! We can barely afford our phones let alone pay for the kids to all have one!

Thank you for always leaving messages for me. They truly lift me up and sustain in my valley. I love you guys and think about you all often as well!

Unknown said...

Oh you're SO clever to pass it on to Stephen! Funny boy!

Jessica Caldwell said...

Our girls want the i-pods and i-touches. They are 8 and 7 years old, we told them no way so instead we bought them cheap MP3 players yeah those lasted about a month before they broke them. Next they are going to be asking for laptops.

Amanda Griggs said...

hahahahahaha!

Dansie Family said...

porter is the same way (attitude and phone). i satisfied him for a while with a old cell phone that still had power until he dialed 911.

Molly said...

LOL - that is so funny!! I wondering who is so important that he has to call NOW!

Liz said...

RaLee carried a cell phone around since she was old enough to hold one. Then I bought her a really nice one from Avon, pink Barbie phone that spoke, english, french and spanish. I think Jessica used it for Kaitlen and hasn't returned it (It was that cool) anyway RaLee LOVES her phones and asks for a new one every birthday. Ughhh So I guess what I'm trying to say is those "Important Calls" come sooner than you think...so enjoy.