Friday, October 2, 2009

Garrett-ism

"Cars and dirt are pa-tas-tic!!"
Translation: "Cars and dirt are fantastic!!
He's learning new words and trying them out....as long as he keeps it to cool words like pa-tas-tic, not the naughty words, we'll be alright.

"I went pee in the POT!" We're not sure when or why it changed from potty to pot, makes him sound a little uncouth.

"Winken is crying, poor wittle feh-wa". Right after he gets done laying on top of him or poking his eye. Gee, I wonder why he's crying.

This kid is an early riser! He's usually already awake and talking in his room when Stephen leaves to play basketball at 5:30 a.m. I know, insanity on both their parts. Each morning when we go in to get him he asks, "Do I have pre-school today?" If we say yes he throws his little fist up in the air and yells, "YEESS!! I love pre-school!" On the days we say no he asks if he can go to kindergarten yet. Poor kid is going to be so sad next year when he's still not old enough for kindergarten and has to do another whole year of pre-school. Although, he may never get to go to kindergarten if he doesn't start using that "POT" regularly and for nasty poop too. He now gets to clean his own poopy rear end up. As long as he's not wearing a pull-up to his high school prom I guess we'll be ok. Stubborn kid makes his stubborn momma look like a docile, compliant, push-over.

"Mommy/Daddy cuddle me". Us: "Ok come over here". Thump, smack, jab with a sharp elbow, flop one way, flop the other, "Mommy I love you so so much", thump, smack, kick...I'm thinking, "Ummm, we're supposed to be cuddling right now". Then, he jumps down and says, "Ok I'm all done cuddling now".

After sneaking a drink of my Dr. Pepper, "Whoa yours juice is SPICY!"

Gotta love it!

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Such a funny age! Tati and Garrett are doing a lot of the same things right now...but we'll survive I'm sure. With a few good laughs a long the way! It'll be "pa-tas-tic!" :)

Angie said...

How cute! We need to get together. I'm a loser, it's true.

Liz said...

Don't you just love how sharp their elbows and "butt bones" are? Little Payten's has got to be the sharpest. But I wouldn't give up her sitting in my lap for nothing.

Joni said...

So cute. Kevin's brother has six kids. Every year for the Christmas letter they just list all the funny things their kids said or did. We look forward to getting their Christmas card more than any other!

dhillman said...

Bishop loves spicy juice too! I think that is one of the things I miss the most-the funny things they say when they are little. But I still say "love hurts" sometimes when I get a hug or a kiss--Kelsey still has no idea where her body parts are, she steps on my, or pushes off on me with her elbows, or konks me with something!!