Friday, October 9, 2009

Just a phase....I hope


This cute little thing HATES food...well, except tomato soup and melted ice cream. Tomato soup gives him yucky poo, and melted ice cream is just flat out not healthy. He's growing very fast and and gets hungry....constantly! Since he hates food that means that he's back to nursing every 2 hours. I think I'm gonna go a little crazy.


He's also very busy doing things like pulling to the standing position anywhere he can. This would be fine if he'd developed the balance for crawling already, but he hasn't. Don't get me wrong he's VERY mobile...via a weird looking frog jump. So, he frog jumps to to something, then climbs up to stand. If we're not right there soon he falls straight backwards...SCARY. I hope he soon figures out how to balance on his knees so he can then balance on those feet of his.



"Wrestling" with Daddy and Gabriel are fast becoming favorite activities! The other day Stephen got on the floor to play with him and he frog jumped away as fast as he could. Stephen "caught" up to him and he frog jumped away again. I didn't know 7 month olds played tag. Probably means he's a genius. {;-D ha ha


Some things, like Garrett's bed, are easier to stand next to than others.


After a long day of so much excitement a little guy gets all tired out.
**EXCEPT**
He doesn't sleep at night anymore. He wakes up at least 3 times a night, most nights it's 4, and on occasion, when we're really lucky, it's 5 times. I'm going crazy!! I had been just nursing him quickly so he'd go back to sleep and I could "sleep" (lay there with my eyes closed waiting for him to wake up again) too. Recently we've started letting him fuss back to sleep so he learns how to settle himself. He's still in our room so nights are not a whole lot of fun these days, which in turn, makes work not a whole lot of fun. I feel like I'm clawing through every job I get. I'm always exhausted so thinking I'm more tired is nothing new. However, the morning Stephen got up and said, "Man! I'm tired, that Lincoln needs to sleep more." I knew it was getting bad. Stephen neither needs nor tends to sleep for many hours a day, so when he's getting tired you know something's gotta change. I keep thinking he's just hungry so some nights we fight with him till he eats actual real food thinking he'll sleep better. Nope doesn't do a darn bit of good. His cuteness during the day usually makes up for it, so we'll just keep enjoying that....and maybe start sleeping on the family room couches so he doesn't wake us up.

8 comments:

Jessica Caldwell said...

He is so darn cute! I can't believe he is already standing up and moving around. I'm sooooo sorry he isn't sleeping for you Payten is 2 and she still wakes up a few times a night. I UNDERSTAND your frustration good luck.

Crystal Eldredge said...

Your little guy is so handsome. I wonder why he is not interested in sleeping that would be really rough. I hope he gives his poor Momma a break and goes to sleep for you.
I wondered who Bob was! LOL!

Sheffer's said...

Sounds like Lincoln and Roman would get along great! Roman wants to be into everything, and is starting to push himself up on the floor. He walks around the kitchen/living room in his walker and thinks he's pretty cool! ;D I'm so sorry he's not sleeping, it makes everything hard when you're exhausted! I wonder why he won't eat? Uggh! Frustrating. Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers! :D

Sharron said...

You forgot he liked my gravy, don't worry everyone, its fat free and home made, with rice cereal!

What is Crystal talking about, Bob?

Brianna said...

He is growing so fast. I feel like we are missing so much! I'm sorry for the rough nights and frequent nursing...you're bound to find something he likes eventually. Hang in there. :)

Courtney said...

Oh I remember those days well. That is one part I am not looking forward to again. Ethan would wake up all the time in the night to the point I was only getting like 3 hours of sleep a night. It got so much better when we moved and he had his own room. Plus we are some of those parents that did let our baby just cry sometimes in the night to put himself back to sleep.

momma street said...

Oh the helmet stage! Gotta love it. Scares you to death everytime they tip over doesn't it! And the sleeping business...oh such a challenge! I wish you luck. We had Ella in our closet for quite awhile.

Liz said...

Sounds like your on the right track he is probably hungry. Little guy needs to find something he likes to eat so his tummy can carry him through the night. Not sleeping is a form of torture as far as I'm concerned so I hope you get something figured out real soon! Bob needs some sleep!