Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gotta' Work Smarter, Not Harder

Stephen's life motto is: "You have to work smarter, not harder."

I was peeling peaches today for jam, and complaining about how long it takes to get all the dang skins off. Stephen came in and looked at the minuscule pieces I was getting with my fingers and paring knife and innocently asked, "Oh, the peeler doesn't work??" I said, "What peeler??" To which he answered, (with that 'I gotcha' twinkle in his eye) "The one you use for carrots and potatoes." Hmmmm, why is it always him that has the GREAT ideas?!? I pulled out that ol' peeler and by dang it worked like a charm!! Seriously, for eons of time, women have been doubling the time it takes to prep peaches for canning, burning the tips off their fingers trying to pull the HOT skins off, and making a much huger mess than needed. I WILL NEVER BURN MY FINGERS, WASTE EXTRA TIME, OR MAKE THE MONSTROUS PEACH PEEL MESS AGAIN. I had those things ready to pulverize into jam in no time.

At least he's nice about all the ideas he has that are WAY smarter than harder. {=-P Now, that this is out in cyber-space, when ya'll see this handy little tip in a How-To canning book remember they stole it from me, well actually from Stephen. I'm thinking I could re-work a peeler, put a cute peach doo-dad on top and call it the "Amazing Peach Skin Removal System" and get my retirement in place. I'm calling the Patton office now...

6 comments:

Sharron said...

"It does work", said her mama while she rests her tired fingers, from peeling peaches!

By the way, I don't think George P. cares about your great invention, try the patent office

Brianna said...

Your mom's "Patent" advice! I was going to offer it myself, but she beat me to it!

I'm actually jealous...I am happy to be able to provide a living for my family in these rough times we've been going through...but I think I'd actually be home making jams, jellies, storing food, and just plain being a mom to my kids. Oh well...doing the best I can for now.

Hopefully I'll get to sample your hard work! :)

P.S. Keep that Stephen around...he sure comes in handy! Thank him again for helping me get those boxes today! :)

Unknown said...

Patton, Patent
To-ma-toe, To-mah-to
Po-ta-toe, Po-tah-to
Their, There,
Weather, Whether
To, Too, Two
WomAn, WomEn
Than, Then
Technicalities....

I'm embarrassed **GULP**

I was in a hurry and distracted, and I'm sure George would like to OWN my clever invention! =D

Unknown said...

Stephen, Mariah

Obviously I can't figure out how to use a computer and make it look like me either.

Munchkin Invasion said...

You are so smart!!!! Hurry and market it - I love the idea!

Joni said...

And just where in Tucson can you buy peaches? I'm so jealous!!!