Friday, October 16, 2009

National SIDS/ Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day

Yesterday was the National SIDS/ Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day. I saw a post on a friend's blog that talked about lighting candles for all the Angels that are no longer with us, so I did. The big candle is for my 6 brothers and sisters we're still waiting to meet. It's humbling to know that you're related to so many that were so righteous they only needed a body for such a short time. It's a good tool for keeping pride in check...I'm here with a body still being tested. All the other candles have names. The Mommies and Daddies of these other candles come to my mind daily; I hope they can feel the hug and love that I send them everyday when I think about them.

4 comments:

Eldredge Family said...

I am simply amazed at your Mother six babies! Thank you for always thinking about us and keeping us in your prayers!

I read your blog and I think I would find a new profession! LOL! I think you are doing a great job and keep up the hard work!

Don't you want to Roll your eyes to those people who look good at 6 am! I am like come on get life and sleep in! LOL!

Brianna said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing. This is a hard topic for many in your/my family...but I love the candle idea. Perhaps I will join in, even though I am a day late.

Sharron said...

This has been quite a year hasn't it. I have been thinking of all those children that only I experiences while carrying them. I have felt a lot of guilt when I realized that I would have to push them back into the back of my mind to enable myself to focus on you three that needed me.

Being with Sage's family right after he passed, has released something in me that has allowed me to grieve in a way that I couldn't, so many years ago.

Thank you for your post.

Liz said...

Thanks for lighting those candles! I really appreciate it...I'm taking pictures at yet another infants funeral today. She got the cord wrapped around her neck and was still born...just so sad. Needless to say I've been up ALL night long...re-living our own funeral and dreading this one. Don't know if I can take seeing another little baby in a casket...it's just too much.