Friday, March 19, 2010

Guess I Left Out a Few Details....

Like what Stephen's new job is. Sorry. If I tell you I'd have to kill you....Ha Ha Just Kidding!

He applied with two different fire departments. The first department he made it from over 800 applicants to the top 20, but they only hired 12, so we know he was somewhere between 13-20.

The second department that he applied to is the one that just offered him a job. He'll be working with Golder Ranch Fire. For those familiar with the area it covers Oro Valley and Saddlebrook. For the most part it's a quiet department...I'm ok with that = less chance that he'll get maimed or killed. That man makes the craziest, wildest kids known to this planet; he is NOT allowed to leave me alone to try and raise them. :-) It's feels like we've been holding our breath for a long long time under water; and now can breath without the nagging thought in the back of our minds that there might not be any air left in a couple weeks. Stephen doesn't overtly show much emotion, but his eyes are full of relief, excitement, and hope for a good future. He's smiling again. I have my Stephen back.

The academy starts April 5 and runs through the endish of June. It'll be dang hot by the end, but I'm glad it'll be over before the humidity hits in July. Although, the heat doesn't seem to have much of an effect on him. He's been elevated several stratospheres in the boy's eyes. Garrett was a little concerned because he thought "fighter fighters" left home forever and wanted him to stay here. All is well now that I've explained how it works. Now the big excitement is about the lights on the truck that go "whew whew whew". We are both SO excited.

I've gotten a couple of questions regarding any calendars in the future. These made us both chuckle. I think I've got a pretty darn hot husband, but am not blind to the fact that he's a lean type of fellow. I was once told by someone that he's "deceptively strong for how he looks". He is a strong guy, but to look at him you wouldn't really guess it. He can work out all day long, those lean muscles are not going to bulk to calendar proportions. So, sorry chances are, you won't ever get to see him as Mr. July. {;+D

It's strange how it really feels like a physical weight has been lifted, but in reality the only thing that's gone is the suffocating worry and stress. I've mentioned before WE'RE SO EXCITED, but really there are no words to express how we feel....excited will have to do.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I didn't realize Stephen was on the hunt for a job! I am excited for you guys too!

Brianna said...

Rob says "GOOD JOB!"

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I don't know if you just heard that, but I just let out a huge sigh of relief for you guys! You deserve it! Congrats!

Joni said...

I am so happy for you! Getting a job is a lot harder than you think. Congratulations! Good benefits, too, right?

Ava Nielson said...

Congrats again, we are so happy for yous guys! Funny stuff about the calendar! I don't know... seems like we have enough firefighters in our ward now, they really could sell a calendar to make a few extra bucks! HA!