Friday, January 29, 2010

Little Lincoln's Weight Check....


This is a really bad picture of our Little Lincoln. (It's from my phone because the dang battery in my camera is always dead!) The library did a story time all about Groundhog Day. At the end all the kids got to come out of their "burrow" and check for their shadow. Gabriel helped Lincoln come through.

I just took him back into the doctor for his weight check. He came in at 19 pounds 15 ounces. The nurse commented, "Wow that' really good weight gain, and only one ounce shy of 20." I'm pretty sure if they'd weighed him BEFORE the huge poop he made, while waiting, he would've been at or above 20 lbs. I was pretty excited about it too. Four weeks ago he'd lost weight and was down to 18 pounds 8 ounces. The doctor said, "Well, he's doing great now, I'm glad to see it. Keep doing what you're doing and I'll see him at the next well check." Fastest visit ever....

It was no easy task convincing this kid that food is ok and that he should eat more of it. He's got a robust appetite now and seems happier. He's still not a fan of evening times, but that is just the real him. It was frustrating to be doing everything we could think of and still have him regressing.

Every time we're in to see the Pediatrician I have a feeling of gratitude wash over me. Gabriel came 2 1/2 weeks early; when the hospital asked who the Pediatrician would be the only name I knew was the one a friend had mentioned after he'd performed a procedure for her baby. I gave his name to the hospital and hoped for the best. The next day he came in to check on Gabriel before we went home, and I was SO relieved that I liked him. He's proactive when problems come up, he starts with the more "homeopathic" type treatments, then moves to the more aggressive treatments if the others don't work, he's never looked at me like I was crazy or judgementally, he was great during the times that we were uninsured and paying out of pocket with helping us keep the bills down while maintaining good healthy kids, and is just a nice guy that is a doctor because he wants to help people. I have felt the Lord had a huge hand in us finding him, and I'm grateful for it everyday.

7 comments:

Sharron said...

He is pretty great. I enjoyed talking to him when I have taken the kids in. Actually, I like the whole staff, even the nurse who cringes every time you take Gabriel in for shots ;+D

Sheffer's said...

Hooray!!!!! I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. Sounds like he and Roman are about the same size, although I'm sure Lincoln is taller. :D Hey, I'm coming to Tucson next weekend! What's your Sunday/Monday look like????? :D

Linda said...

I believe the more gratitude we feel to the Giver of all blessings, the more blessings we receive. You are being blessed--thank you so much for sharing your feelings. You have three beautiful little boys--and what a blessing that is.

Brianna said...

A good and caring peditritian is definitely something to be grateful for! And we are very happy to see Lincoln doing better. I could see a difference in him when we saw him Sunday! :) It was a welcome sight.

Courtney said...

Glad to hear he is doing well and gaining some weight.

Katrina said...

Mariah, so glad he is doing so well. I know it can be so frustrating and heart wrenching when we just don't know what else we can do for our little ones. He is such a cutie. Amen about the pediatrician thing.

Our Adventures in Life said...

Having a good doctor is key!!! I love mine and the group he is in. It is great to hear that he is doing better!