Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh, To Be A "Growle"


This happened a couple months ago, but I don't want to forget it. It's just for me.

While shopping for a birthday present for a girl with Garrett in tow...


Garrett: Someday when I'm a growle (his weird pronunciation of girl) I would love that!

Me: A girl? You're a boy silly.

Garrett: No, when I become a growle.

Me: But you're a boy, how do you plan on becoming a girl?

Garrett: When you eat growle food, then you get to be a growle, and I would love that.

Me: What is girl food?

Garrett: Girl food. (said so incredulously)

Me: Sorry kiddo you're gonna be a boy forever.

Garrett: Noooo, when I grow up I'll be a growle after I eat growle food. I would looove that.

Our little conversation went on the entire trip to target. The men we passed gave me dirty looks. I kept trying to emphasize that he's stuck being a boy, but he wasn't buying it. He seemed really excited about all the girl stuff he'll get someday when he grows up and can be a girl.

The next day we got together for Arianna's birthday party and he was running around talking about being a growle again. Soooo, Arianna took her magic princess wand and gave him a bipity bopity boo so he could be a girl.

The day after that he was walking around home saying, "I still a boy. Arianna bibby boppy boooo, but I still a boy. (long sigh)" He was SO disappointed that the wand didn't work.

The little phase has passed and he's accepted that not only is he a boy, but a big boy....most of the time. I don't know what is going on in that kid's head most of the time, but am pretty sure I'd be scared if I did know. :)

6 comments:

Sharron said...

I did a "Nanny Scan" . . . . . you should be scared ;+/

Taryn said...

that is SO funny.

Alison said...

Too cute. Kids are so funny.

Sheffer's said...

That's hilarious! Why do they always pick public places to do those sorts of things in? :D

Amanda Griggs said...

I'm sure one day it's going to embarrassing to him that he wanted to be a girl so bad! LOL! Too funny!

Munchkin Invasion said...

THAT is so funny!! Because my boys keep telling me that when they are girls they are going to have a baby. It's like they can't handle the fact - that that is NOT going to happen!!