Monday, November 15, 2010

Welcome Home


There's no easing back into life when kids are involved.

This poster took Gabriel ALL DAY to finish. He wouldn't do it because I accidentally called it "homework" rather than just having him "color". He's the First Grade Friend of the Week and the poster is part of that. The 2+ hours of homework every night is getting fatiguing. Tonight I was informed that "homework sucks" and that "everyone at school says sucks". Nice.

While encouraging/prodding/ordering/pleading with Gabriel I discovered this...


This would be Garrett's Pull Up he didn't put away. I know it's gross that I took a picture of it. I have no idea if it was wet or dry because I made him clean the darn thing up. The dogs rip these things to shreds, wet or dry, and I'm not cleaning them up anymore. While scrubbing his hands this happened...


I left a grocery bag on the counter with two bowls of soup in it. I thought it was back far enough...I.WAS. SO.WRONG. Lincoln is like elasta-boy. He stretched that long ol' body of his and pulled the bag down. One of the lids popped off and did this. Grrr!! I let the dang dogs have a treat so I could take care of this...

*Notice she's mad as heck and still the right color.*
Life is Good.

Lynneah has "sun downer's syndrome". I don't know if it's a real thing or not, but the nurses at the NICU said it too. Everyday as the sun starts to set she completely freaks out. She looks like this till it's dark outside. So while I was addressing the above "issues" I was trying to soothe her at the same time. Stephen was on shift...this was one of the nights I missed having him here.

Everyday around sunset the body snatchers take my sweet kids and leave a bunch of crazies in their place. Once the sun is down the body snatchers bring my kids back.
Really, it's the weirdest thing!
Some nights I triumph patiently getting through the mayhem, other nights I'm a yelling crazy lady (probably when the body snatchers take me too). I actually made it through this night with my sanity semi in-tact.

It's good to be home.

8 comments:

Dansie Family said...

i'm having one of those days too. liza found a pull-up behind her dollhouse that has been there at least a week from her neice. james peed his pants again. eliza came home with a weeks worth of school work unfinished from class. porter refuses to clean his room. and he kicked his sister for some dumb reason.

glad you are home with sweet baby enjoying motherhood.

Sharron said...

Oh my, are you glad that Garrett is over here tonight? Oh, Stephen is home, it wouldn't be so bad tonight, would it?

Did you ever think you would find a screaming baby a beautiful sight? She does look good!

Katrina said...

I am so glad she is doing so well! thanks for keeping us posted! I know those days very well! I am so glad you still have your sanity :) some days I questions if I still do or not :) wouldn't change it for the world though!

Alison said...

It's always rough when everyone/everything seems to be going crazy at the same time. I feel for you. Even harder without the hubby around to ease the burden. You do a great job Mariah. You are an amazing mama and do a great job with those little people of yours.

Brianna said...

I agree, she may be screaming her head off, but she looks great! That is a good thing. Sorry about the rest of the night though. I think I might go ahead and do a post about ALL the things Tati has done this weekend. If she doesn't snap out of it...I will snap! Hang in there. Tell Gabriel that "Arianna has 2 hours of homework daily as well. I know its tough, but its good for you!!!"

Sharron said...

Sorry but I laugh every time I look at that picture of Lynneah. I am so glad that she doesn't cry as loudly as . . let's say Gabriel did. But you two sure make babies with big ole mouths!

dhillman said...

Sounds like a calgon commercial! :)

You are doing amazing!

Our Adventures in Life said...

Oh sun downers!!! This is a very real thing you see it all the time in old people in the nursing home. It deals with the rhythm the sun. At least it is not colic and lasts all day long. Good luck!!!