Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dear Global Warming,


My kids loved the snow that fell in the desert! Keep the up the good warming. Although, the frozen and busted pipes at the in laws house was a bit excessive.



Notice our little early bird is already dressed while the normal sleeper is still in jammies. These were taken much earlier than anyone should be awake. :-) I'm NOT a morning person and had been awake since 2:00 am when Lynneah woke up and stayed that way for a while. Stephen had to work so I spent the rest of the "night" at the other end of the house. Fun. It was worth it to see their excitement.

I watched throughout the morning in hopes that the snow would slide down and fold over itself at the bottom. Never happened, not enough snow I guess. (That would be carpet at the bottom of the slide to cushion Lincoln's rear end when he smacks the ground....Stephen's funny idea.)



They were funny to listen to and watch. I let them check it all out. Made hot cocoa in sippy cups and put them back in their bedroom till it was late enough to face the day. Where's Lincoln? SLEEPING.
I'm not a nice enough mom to wake a sleeping toddler, especially with church later in the day.

3 comments:

Brianna said...

I didn't think to add hot chocolate! I was in too much of a rush to get the house ready for the ward choir, after taking time to check out the snow! :)

Sharron said...

Yeah . . and texting the old MIL at 5:19 am! Hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm guessing this was the first time they had ever seen snow?