Saturday, February 19, 2011

FLU

Don't worry this doesn't come with pictures.
The current flu going around is HORRIBLE! Monday Stephen spent the day taking and installing a new stove in his parents' house. The current state of them and their house is rapidly deteriorating. He had Lincoln with him when he picked the new stove up and just kept him when he headed down. There was some serious nastiness going on. I think the flu might have already hit them. They came home and Lincoln proceeded to puke all over the carpet Stephen had just shampooed after I spilled milk all over it. We cleaned it, and him, the best we could and hoped for the best. Later that night I could tell...er...smell the stench continued to linger.

I told Stephen we'd need to rent the carpet shampooer again the next morning. By that time I was feeling pretty darn awful. Stephen skipped morning basketball so I could sleep while he got the boys ready. That is a gesture of true love. He. Never. Skips. Basketball...unless I'm actively giving birth. When he went to get the big boys up he found that Garrett had puked all over his bed and onto the floor. Poor kid hadn't even told us, he just layed on the floor and went back to sleep. I woke up SO sick! Stephen cleaned and scrubbed their room down. Then started the shampoo marathon. It might be because I'm old, but I've not been that sick in a long time. I didn't eat anything all day. It worked wonders on that stress grazing gut I've been growing.

By the end of the day we had a couple loads of yucky laundry clean family room carpet, and a very stinky boys' room. We've checked, scrubbed, thrown the plastic mattress cover away, and still can't figure out why that room is still so gross. GAG! He did a really thorough shampoo and scrub, but even he can't deny the lingering stench.

It seems to have exited the house...I hope. At least it's a fast moving one and Lynneah escaped it.

2 comments:

Dansie Family said...

that is the worst. sorry. james once threw up in the car everywhere. it wa between the seat front and back, dripping on the floor, down the side. it was seriously so putrid and very difficult to erase. after scrubbing and lysoling i dumped lots of baking soda everywhere ane let it sit a few days, then i vacuumed that up and the smell seemed pretty much gone.

Brianna said...

The stomach flu is the worst! We already went through it once in the fall. I hope we don't get it this season. And the smell in the carpet is terrible...but I do the baking soda trick too. Something I learned from my dad, and it does wonders!