Friday, July 13, 2012

Garrett-isms & Pictures Below

More of the things Garrett says...

"I want the same cereal as last (yesterday) morning." After correcting the wording and several hours later, "Remember the spy game we played last (yesterday) day (afternoon)?" 

Loudly at Wal Mart: 
I was carrying a fussy Kenzie, Garrett looks up and says, "Is there a baby in your tummy?" 
"No" 
Pause... 
Looks up with a slightly quizzical face, "So it takes a looong time for your tummy to not be fat anymore after you have a baby?" 
"Yeah" (Thanks for yelling that to the whole dairy section ;-)) 
I'll agree with him that something about carrying a baby makes it look like I'm pregnant, but now I know it's very apparent to everyone else too. 

While at Lowes: 
 I had to stretch way back to the back of the shelf for the light bulb I needed. Garrett was full of all kinds of questions that night and it was getting really late. 
He asks, "Why do you want a yellow one? I want a blue one." 
I explained that we needed yellow so the bugs wouldn't come. 
He in all seriousness asked, "Yellow keeps bugs away?" He thought it was such a great concept. Then he got suspicious... 
"How do YOU know it keeps bugs away?" 
I really try to actually give real answers to their questions but I was tired, so all I gave him was, "I don't know. I'm just old, and when you're old you learn a few things along the way." 
"So when I'm old like you I'll know stuff?" 
"Yep." (He was very happy about that idea. The older man in the same isle seemed to think it was funny too.)

My favorite Garrett quote for the week..."I'M GONNA LET MY KIDS DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WHEN I GROW UP!" Hope his wife enjoys that.

While driving home from a play date:
"Mom, remember when we LIVED in a hotel?"
We were really broke for a while there, but never that broke. After a few minutes of questions I realized it was supposed to be,"Mom, remember when we STAYED in a hotel?"
 We stayed one night in a hotel last summer and apparently he really like it. 

Standard American English is really escaping him right now. Funny Boy!

1 comment:

Brianna said...

That boy is such a hoot! I love all the crazy things these kids say...and all their interesting observations. They definitely keep life interesting!