Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pioneer Day

The boys kept asking what you do on Pioneer Day. Hmmm, well...nothing unless you live in Utah; then everything closes and there's big celebrations. There used to be stuff here but participation was probably pretty low due to the horrid heat that is the month of July.

We decided a trip to the park, not the puny park in our neighborhood but the park in the neighborhood I drool over, was a Pioneer-ish kind of activity.

After the awesome afternoon rains that came through it was a nice evening.

They played on the equipment.

Played in the grass.

Climbed around some more.

I want a couple of these cool spring toys in my back yard!

Discovered what a big kid they were.

 
Touched grass for the first time.


And Stephen's attempts at a picture proving I was there too.
He just took a whole bunch and hoped one was good.
I'm thinking head swaps...

Happy Pioneer Day!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am never in pictures either! I am glad Stephen took some with you in there. My Henry does manage to find sloppy leftover cereal all the time, like Lynneah. Yum. When do you guys start school? The kids and I keep meaning to plan a time to drive to Tucson before school starts. Tell me when you will be around! Sounds like you have been busy.