Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've been informed....

that my swim suit has a tutu on it!

The other morning we'd all just loaded up to leave for the day; the big boys were talking about something in the back seat as I got in. Just as I buckled my seat belt I hear Garrett reply to Gabriel, "Well, Mommy's swim suit has a TUTU on it!" I had to laugh, what a lovely thought to send me off to work with. A funny thing happens in my brain as I'm getting ready to head to an interpreting job, everything I hear starts creating pictures in my head. Sooo, the second I heard Garrett I had a mental image of myself standing next to a pool wearing a tutu. Yeah...nice image I know. Just so we're all clear my swimsuit has a skirt on it, not a tutu. I wish the skirt was longer, however, that would probably make swimming a little difficult. This post child body is something I'm still trying to come to terms with. I wish I'd appreciated what I had while I had it.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh how I hear you on that one. It seems like you look at the body you currently have and then look back at how it used to be and go, it wasn't too bad--I was skinnier than I thought, more toned than I thought, less flabby, etc. I was still trying to accept the body I had post baby 2 years after I had Ethan. I guess like some people I should appreciate my body for what it was able to do, but it is hard. Not looking forward to what it will be like after this 2nd one.

Brianna said...

Yes, I think we all needed to have appreciated what we had, when we had it. But, please remember that some of you come out of having kids looking A LOT better than others (me being one of the OTHERS). So please take a moment to be grateful for that! :)

Munchkin Invasion said...

ME TOO!!! Man, I didn't know how nice it was that everything stayed where it was suppose to!! :)