Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Couple Kidisms

A couple weeks ago I was walking into school with Gabriel. We passed an Asian couple coming out speaking their language. Next thing I hear is Gabriel mimicking what he heard.

I quickly responded with an, "Uh-uh that is not ok."

Gabriel disagreed and responded with, "Well, she was doing it."

(Mommy duh moment) I explained that they were speaking another language and it sounds different than ours.

He said, "Oh, we shouldn't copy it?"

No, if you want to speak like them you'll just have to learn how to speak it right.

All was well.



On a family trip to Wal-Mart Gabriel found a string or something to play with.

Backseat Conversation

Gabriel: Oooh look it's a heart!!

Garrett: That looks like a love heart. EEWW Gross!!


The stores always run out of Halloween costumes in Gabriel's size so this year we beat the rush. I showed Gabriel the pictures Stephen sent to my phone and he picked the Ninja. I asked if he wanted the black or red ninja?

He answered, "The red one so you can find me at night." Now, that's some logic for ya.

Stephen brought it home with the swords and weapons that went with it. I can't say I'm super thrilled with all the sword fighting going on, but they are boys I guess.

The winner of all the sword fighting???

L I N C O L N


Garrett: Did Garbriel come out of yours tummy?

Me: Yes

Garrett: Did I come out of yours tummy?

Me: Yep, so did you.

Garrett: Did Lincoln come out of yours tummy?

Me: Yeah, Lincoln did too.

Garrett: Our baby sister is in your tummy?

Me: Yep, see how big it is.

Garrett: Will she come out of yours tummy?

Me: I hope so.

Garrett: Who's tummy did you come out of?

Me: Nanny's.

Garrett: Who's tummy did Dad come out of?

Me: Dora's.

Garrett: (slightly suspicious face because we don't know anyone named Dora) Who's Dora?

Me: The lady who's tummy Daddy came out of.

Garrett: Oh, OK! (And he was off and running...er I mean jumping again.)

*We'll see how long it takes him to figure out that Grandma Joclair is Dad's Mommy but Dad came out of Dora's tummy. {;-D


He also loves to talk about someday when he's a Mommy and has a baby in his tummy.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

It just proves the old saying, "Kids say the Darndest things!"