Friday, September 24, 2010

Random Things for Me to Remember


Lincoln's Words:
-Gecko (pronounced with kind of an e/u blend) SO SO SO cute! The second we pull into the driveway at night he starts pointing toward the light and saying "Ge/ucko!"
-Da (Dad)
-Mom (but usually just hollers at me to get my attention)
-Doddy (Doggie) When we hear this we have to swoop in and rescue the poor little critters.
-Bee (Bee, Bird, Bug, Airplane or anything flying in the air)

-Nanny (all women) Of all the kids I figured Gabriel would have generalized this one because he was babysat the most by Grandma, but Lincoln's the one that thinks all women respond to "Nanny".
-
Ba-ba-ba (Basket Ball)
-
Na-Na (Night Night) Every night when I lay him down he'll tell me "na-na" wave from the mattress and "blow me a kiss" from his eye. His bottle is usually in his mouth so the eye will have to do. {;-D


He's the first one that has really tried talking on his own at this age. I'm VERY hopeful that he'll just develop his language without long trips to and from speech therapy.



Gabriel & Garrett were working on a dinosaur puzzle together. They'd each picked which dinosaur they "were"...

Gabriel: "Hey! I found my head!"


My first thought...was mine with it?


After getting a red light at school for having 3 physical outbursts in one day Gabriel explained that he gets a red in each grade. "I got one red in Kindergarten, then I was done." (He actually got many red lights in Kindergarten, but I think some of it was due to the student teacher that hasn't realized boys are DIFFERENT than girls.) "Now I got one in first grade and I'm done." I responded that I was glad he was done for the year and that we can just have green lights now. He quickly added, "Well, I can still get one yellow light in the week...as long as it's not for something too bad." Hmmm, "too bad" huh?

4 comments:

Sheffer's said...

How did we both end up with our #3 boys having blonde hair and brown eyes? That's funny to me. :) I hope he doesn't need speech therapy, too. I'm worried that I'll end up with Roman in speech just like the other boys. I'm starting to wonder if it's me, or just that they'd rather be doing something than telling me about it.

Sharron said...

Linc is so proud of his new communicating skills, just like th other boys were. I love it.

Amy one want to know who keeps getting red light? I get an ear full each time I pick up my little errand helper!

Brianna said...

Lincoln is staring to look and sound so grown up...and it seems to be happening all of a sudden, and so fast! I know part of that is because I don't see him daily...but it really hit me at dinner sunday. Too cute!

Alison said...

I love that picture of Lincoln. He is such a cute boy. I love the blond hair, so different from his dark brothers. I miss seeing that little guy every week at church. Too cute!