Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mariah Logic...

I went in for my check up this last week. They put me on the scale and I took note that I've hit the top weight I'm allowed to hit during pregnancy. I picked a nice weight that is within the healthy pregnancy weight gain range and then decided that I'm N O T A L L O W E D to go over it...ever.

REASON 1 for her to come.

Then the nurse took my blood pressure, 120/70. That's not high according to a large majority of the world, but I'm always at 90/60. 120/70ish are the kind of numbers I start hitting right before giving birth.

REASON 2 for her to come.

The doctor came in and said all my tests, weight, and blood pressure looked good. "Hmphf!" I thought. He reviewed once more how to treat the anemia that I've developed with this little Monkey Wrench. I had hoped that iron supplements would help the weak feeling I get after I move. It's seriously ridiculous; I get up and walk across the house and my legs feel like I just ran a race. I can assure you that there is no running going on around here. :-) I seem to always have a completely exhausted, wiped out feeling in all my muscles. I've noticed an ever so little improvement since starting iron.

He then measured my B I G belly. While doing that he asked if this was a very active baby. I explained that this baby is very quiet...honestly it's kept me paranoid. She's gotten better about checking in with me a few times a day and letting me know all is well. She's kinda like a lava lamp. On the few occasions she moves during the day it's slow and mellow. His comment?? That's because she putting all her energy into growing. I didn't think much about it till he explained, I'm at 34 weeks but measuring 37 weeks (that would be full term size).

REASON 3 for her to come.

I questioned if it was actually her or if I was just getting fat...I'm acutely aware of how many chocolate milk shakes I've downed in an effort to reduce nausea. Every time I'm feeling crappy a chocolate shake makes it better. He said that it was indeed her not me. He told me to plan on over 9 pounds. Uh...um...NO, that would be bad. Just because I got Lincoln out at 8.3 doesn't mean I'm shootin' to see how big I can go. He said if she's still measuring that big in 2 weeks he'll send me in for a sonogram to see what's up and make sure she doesn't get so big she'll get stuck.

Speaking of getting stuck. I'm only taking 2 weeks off of work; which means I can't go giving birth to a one year old that's gonna tear me up and make recovery long and painful. It just cannot happen. Garrett was the smallest at 7.4 and his birth and recovery was fabulous. He came right out with a couple pushes, didn't do any damage to me, and I could sit and move comfortably within the week after he arrived. (My emotional state is another story entirely.) I need a small baby, and smooth delivery, in order to pull off the rest of this semester.

REASON 4 for her to come.

We finally get a girl and apparently football is in her future...I'm thinking linewoman.

REASON 5 for her to come.

It's dad gum stinkin' H O T still (like well over the 100 mark) and I'm sick of sweltering. It makes me grumpy you know. The summer will never end so that leads me to...

REASON 6 for her to come.

My maternity work clothes are starting to get pretty tight and will look absolutely ridiculous very soon. I'm NOT going to buy bigger ones (although I'd like to find another Sunday dress) just for the last month so obviously there's...

REASON 7 for her to come.

I'm only 34 weeks and her lungs are obviously not ready to meet the world....

And that's a great big REASON for her not to come. This one beats them all.

There you have it** Mariah Logic** can give you all kinds of reasons for her to come, but in the end she's just not ready yet. {sigh} I'll go climb in the wah-m-bulance that just pulled up to take me away. Maybe she'll have genius lungs that are advanced for her age and be ready to make a little bit of an early entrance.


5 comments:

Sheffer's said...

I think all of the other reasons mean that she's more ready to come than you think. Caleb was 34 weeks and did really good. He was under a 50% oxygen hood for about 3 hrs than breathed fine on his own. Of course, he was only 5 lbs, and had a hard time keeping his tiny self warm, so he had to stay in the NICU for a week, but that doesn't sound like it would be an issue with your 1 year old! ;D Good luck with the last few weeks. I can't wait to see pictures of your little lady!!!

Alison said...

You crack me up Mariah. I really enjoy hearing your rants. I will pray for an early delivery for you. Don't worry too much about a 9 pounder. I delivered an almost 10 pounder and was way better off than I was when I delivered tiny Zoey. This is child number 4 after all, this is old news for your parts. :)

Sharron said...

/well put Ali!

1- That BP should give you a little more energy, so much for that theory, huh?
2-rubber legs seldom get varicous veins, enjoy it while it lasts missy!
3-You are feeding that little gal all of those shakes too, duh!!
4-Line backer is good. she can take care of herself from her brothers?
5- Sorry about the heat and welcome to the world of every woman you know over 50!?!?!?! ( I am sorry about the heat, I do feel you pain on that one. Remember family tradition, the heat will break while you are in the hospital . . ggggrrrr--
6-Tight maternity clothes is where it's at, haven't you noticed? Make sure baby belly is hanging out the bottom and go to the mall. You'll fit right in . . . eeewww!
7- Good reasoning and thanks for ma!king your "rants" so entertaining.

OK Brianna, mother of well-filled out babies", your turn!!

Brianna said...

Well, having given birth to 9lbs 16 ozs, and 9lbs 10 ozs...all I can say is - It Sucks! Welcome to my world!

But on another note, I will tell you that when you're body is ready, it goes a lot smoother and recovery is much better. So even though she may be getting bigger than all your boys, let her come when you and your body are ready and the size shouldn't make that much of a difference since this is your fourth! Heck, my 2nd was way, way easier than my first, and there was barely a size difference!

Hang in there!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

this all sounds oddly familiar...hahahaha! we all hate those last weeks of pregnancy. and believe i still go through hot spells, even though the baby is 9 wks now.

lets just pray for an early fall season!!!

good luck!!