Thursday, May 20, 2010

Last Name

I have a little confession...I watch People's Court every day that I can. I like the judge, she points out instances when common sense completely escaped the individuals involved, but isn't mean about it. Seeing some of the dumb people that are out out in the world make me feel smart. Some are totally legitimate cases, but the others leave me feeling like genius! I have the lowest IQ in the family so these times of triumphantly declaring; "at least I've got them beat" are good times.

The other day I was watching and the Plaintiffs were a married couple. She was a lawyer so they had different "professional" last names...hers was Strong; his was Wiener. At one point the lady mentioned they had a child. My only (evil) thought was did they hyphenate the baby's last name?

Ha ha ha ha! I start laughing just thinking about that kid's first day of school. Ha ha ha ha

I know pretty juvenile. I was watching it the day we had the conversation with Wells Fargo (we both were and still are seething) which made it that much funnier.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of this headline from Politico a couple days ago:

"Goldline girds for Weiner assault"

Liz said...

Oh that's funny, I don't blame her I would want that last name either! What do you name your son who's last name is Weiner? Nothing seems to fit..

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

oh my oh my. i have the same thoughts all the time. just yesterday i had to hold my tongue and not gossip about a gals reebok high tops from the 80's. it took all my strength. eventually i told larry about it. i'm weak...i know!

Brianna said...

That is an unfortunate last name. I'm the type that I'd just have my name changed...what can I say? I'd rather do that then live a life of being the butt end of bad jokes!

Alison said...

Ha Ha! That sounds totally like something I would notice and laugh at. That is too funny!