Friday, May 7, 2010

A Long Morning...In Pictures


Our little Linc-a-doo didn't feel good and couldn't go to sleep a couple nightsc ago. So, I got to sit and hold him for a good portion of the night. He seemed to do better in the upright position. He was finally able to fall asleep at 3:42 AM. That gave me just under 3 hours of sleep before it would be time to get Gabriel ready for school. Normally, Stephen is super Dad when kids are up a lot at night, but I knew the next day he'd be cutting cars up and wanted him to be rested and alert for that activity. I'd heard of first responders being injured and killed by delayed deployment of airbags, but he recently learned...and told me...just how many airbags are potentially in cars and explained if you touch the wrong thing or cut wires in the wrong order it's VERY seriously dangerous. As a completely unrelated side note, I now have a new cause to fight for. I'm gonna start writing letters and contacting car manufacturers to see if we can get airbag information in sticker form put on the inside of trunks or door sides next to tire pressure information. I've got a slim chance, but I'm gonna try anyway.


The next morning he followed me around fussing. I was trying to get the big boys dressed, fed, and Gabriel's lunch made and couldn't do much for him. As I was zipping Gabriel's lunch box closed I turned and found him like this. Heartbreaking. He'd brought his blanket out dropped it on the tile and curled up on top of it. Poor kid was so miserable. His breathing was worrying me a little; he'd started wheezing and was retracting when he breathed. It was looking much to similar to what Garrett was doing when we ended up in the hospital for 3 days. I put breakfast on the table for the big boys and told them they were on their own to not mess around and eat while I gave Lincoln a breathing treatment.


This big boy chose to not eat anything, but had a grand ol' time messing around...right up to the moment he ran himself into the door and cut his eye. It must not have been too deep because it didn't bleed like you'd expect a head wound to bleed. That was a very good thing because it was already 10 min past the time to be driving to school. He later only ate 1/4 of his lunch. That would explain why he ate a ton for dinner (in addition to the lunch he hadn't eaten). The eye is a little bruised and slightly puffy, but not too bad.


Stephen's been leaving me these funny little notes for a couple weeks now. They are really funny and help me keep my sanity. I was feelin' this one! I dragged myself through the day and crashed into bed right after the kids that night. It took 3 more breathing treatments for Lincoln to start sounding a little better and I'm happy to report he slept soundly that night.
What a long day...glad it's over. :-)

5 comments:

Sharron said...

Oh sure, blame the poor little innocent angels! Drives a mom crazy, doesn't it!!

Brianna said...

That picture was heartbreaking! But so sweet too! It helps when they are old enough to find their own bits of comfort during mommy's busy moments! The blanket seemed to be helping.

Maybe Lincoln is reacting to all this wind? I know I feel like I never completely cleared out my lungs from being sick this winter/spring...and with this wind I've been a little wheezy myself...and sneezing, and itchy watery eyes, etc. So knowing how I've felt, I really feel for the little ones!!!

Hang in there. I love the notes Stephen's been leaving. That is sweet of him to think of you as he's leaving for work! You got a winner there!

Dunklees said...

You make me laugh out loud! What a good husband you have! Maybe one of these days one of those little notes will say "Go to the spa - I got the boys" or something equally exciting.

Sharron said...

I love the way Linc schrinches hi eyes tight when he drifts off while he is so tired. They seem be saying, "go ahead and just try to wake me up".

Munchkin Invasion said...

Ya, that kind of sounds like my life right now...not exactly, but the general gist of it. Aren't you so tired? I am...