Monday, May 24, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

Sunday Stephen and I were able to see the Gila Valley Temple dedication. No one under the age of 8 was allowed to go. All I have to say about that is we sat next to each other the whole time without a single interruption...no I want a snack, I need a drink, I have to go poop yelled louder than it should be, he took my toy, Lincoln ruined my game, kicking the seat in front of us...oh it was a glorious time just like the good ol' days when we got to sit next to each other the whole time and actually listen to the speakers.

We arrived about 20 minutes before it started so I ran to the back of the church and got a drink. As we were walking in to take a seat towards the back one of the ushers came and said, "follow him he'll show you to your seats." We followed and figured there was somewhere that had a couple random seats unfilled. Would you believe we were seated all the way up in the Chapel on the padded seats. We were about 10 rows back from the front row. It was SO cool and such a lucky thing to happen. My back was sore from the drive the day before and a bad night of sleep so padded seats were such a welcome blessing. My eyes are so close to useless, I can hardly see anything. Being this close to the front meant that I could actually see without squinting and looking angry, creating a lovely headache, and straining the whole time. I'm thankful for that little blessing.

There were three different sessions, we went to the first. Which happened to also have a choir comprised of singers from the Thatcher, Safford, Pima area. The choir came in to sing their first song and who did I see??? My cousin Jordan. So fun to actually see him. We've not heard him sing a ton, but enough that we were able to pick his voice out a few times. Pretty neat. I was told that his wife Ariana was outside in the choir for the cornerstone ceremony too. I wish they'd zoomed in with the camera so we could've seen her too. Fun Sunday.

Stephen even let me have a nice nap in the afternoon. How he kept the boys quiet enough that I didn't wake up I'll never know, but I'm thankful to be blessed with such a compassionate husband that doesn't judge or make comments about his weenie wife that gets worn out so easily. It was a nice day.

Said little boys are definitely making up for any quiet they may have had yesterday. It's some seriously LOUD times we're having today.

5 comments:

Sharron said...

Huh? What did you say? I can't hear you!

Brianna said...

We went to the noon session, so we missed Jordan...but heard all about it from my mom. :) It was such a wonderful experience. It was quiet, and the spirit was so sweet and powerful. I know it brought us closer together as a couple just by being there together for those 2.5 hours. I'm sure many others felt that way as well...that's just part of the power of the temple. I love that we live in a day where we can take part in it, even without being right there.

Sorry about all the noise. I hope they get it out of their systems soon. :)

Molly said...

Sounds like fun. I look forward to the day when Shawn can sit with us again. I told him yesterday, "Hurry, let's run to the bathroom and switch clothes....I will sit on the stand and you can sit with the girls!" too bad he didn't take me up on it.

Dansie Family said...

what a great experience!

Liz said...

We went to the morning session too...arriving at 8 am and standing in a long line but we did get padded seats (so much better for my back) any way it was WONDERFUL and so spiritual. So who watched the kiddos? Our young women had a day care set up at a members home which was nice for the young parents. Glad you got that NAP! I LOVE my Sunday nap!