Monday, November 10, 2008

My First Tag

So, this was the first time I've been tagged. Ya'll know that my pictures are a disaster and not in any kind of order. This is from my folder in the 4th position of all my randomly organized folders, and the 4th picture in that folder. There were some cute, very old, pictures of Gabriel, but this was our 4th one.

This is Stephen and one of his former Priests at his mission farewell. He is a strong young man, who has a testimony of steel. He'll be a great leader, and successful "grown-up".

We both worked with the youth at church for a couple of years after we got married. Stephen worked with the young men for longer than I worked with the young women, but we both have many fun memories. This young man was one of boys in the group of Priests that Stephen worked with for a little over a year. The group went on many fun camping, boating, and high adventure trips. Stephen always said if they ever got into trouble he was going to take off his wedding ring and pretend to be one of the boys, so the other leader would have to take care of it all. He does have a youthful zeal about him, and I think could've pulled it off. This young man has come home from his mission now, and is married. Time really flies by.

I tag Taryn, Ashley, and Nancy.

8 comments:

Eldredge Family said...

So here are the rules

1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 weird and/or random facts about yourself.
3. tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on there blog.
Tagged again!

Eldredge Family said...

He really could take his ring off and be just one of the kids!

Linda said...

And you know how I feel about working with the youth of the church. Next to motherhood, it has been the most rewarding and fulfilling callings ever! All because of young women like you, Mariah.

Katrina said...

Hey Mariah,

Love this picture, I am glad you love working with the youth. I am currently serving in Young Women, and I love it. Before that I was in Primary forever!!! I loved that calling too and it was very hard to leave it. Oh, this is Katrina by the way. Don and Sue Robinson's daughter.

Liz said...

Wow he's home from his mission already, time really does fly.

Sharron said...

Liz, you're so cute. That almost sounds like you just got a slight older feeling hit you. Did you? yo're like Stephen, you could take your rings off and pass for "one of the kids" just as easily! Enjoy it girl, and revel in it!!

Ashley said...

so what are the rules of this tag? Do I post the fourth picture from the fourth folder? I do not usually do tags, but am willing to do one for you, Mariah!!

maia said...

hey, this isn't post related, but i just wanted you to know i had a dream last night that i was taking pictures of all of the "maskey family toes" to put on their blog as a theme photo. lol. get it? Masqi-TOS?? i know, i know, maybe i should take a break from photography for a little while. just had to share. :)