Friday, November 7, 2008

The results are in...

Well...the day after the election Stephen got his first call from a customer that decided not to buy, due to the election results. We don't even come close to shadowing the $250,000 or $120,000, depending on which one of our future elecorates is talking, but many of Stephen's customers do make that much, or more. They were told VERY clearly what is going to happen to their take home income, so now they're choosing to not spend. GRRR, we were pretty sure that this was going to happen; I never dreamed that it would start the day after the election. Just for the record; I voted, and have voted in every election since my 18th birthday. That means I voted even when it wasn't the "cool", trendy thing to do. Now that that's off my chest maybe I can improve my attitude. :-)

We were blessed with that gut feeling that an indirect dent would be made in our pocketbook via the big dent that would be made in Stephen's customer's pocketbooks. I had kinda hoped it would hold off till I was done with maternity leave and could contribute a little bit again. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to make it work. We've been preparing, and obviously are practiced at living on a commission based income....it goes up and it goes down....and is always an adventure.

I appreciated President Packer's talk on Sunday for Stake Conference. He was clear, concise, and transparent about the times that we are in. I value the advice he gave us, and hope that I take it to heart, then put it into practice. The time to prepare is now transitioning into the time to rely on that preparation.

Most elections my guys NEVER win. This election I'm happy to annouce my state legislator that I wanted won, and most of the propositions went the way I wanted. So, I'm glad about that.

On a totally different note, I have to talk about the cute song Garrett sings often in the mornings when he wakes up. It goes something like this:


Itsy bitsy spider up water spout.

It rain down melted, melted, melted.
Ashes ashes we all fall down.

He used to wake up and immediately scream his little head off. Now, he gets up, sings, and plays for quite a while. I wish I had a camcorder that was motion sensitive so it could follow him as he plays in his room. He's developed a great imagination under his brother's training. I can hear Garrett talking for his animals and cars. It's too cute when he's warning one to watch out for the other, then it'll get quiet and I'll hear, "ohhh noooo CRASH!!" Boys will be boys, the bigger the crash the better.

7 comments:

Sharron said...

Good girl, you were listening ... don't worry, I knew you did.

I never dreamed any kids could be cuter and funnier than my own were, but these little stinkers just may have ya'll beat!

Sheffer's said...

Isn't it funny how they make the cars talk and have feelings? It totally cracks me up! I like it when my boys take their cars to bed and tuck them in under the covers. It's so funny. Gotta love little boys!

Eldredge Family said...

Boys really are the best I have decided! They are so much fun! Besides the fact that they always smell like wet dog! Well mine do anyway!

Anonymous said...

>We don't even come close to shadowing the $250,000 or $120,000

Unfortunately, those who do make that and much more are the ones that provide jobs, invest, etc. Stealing more money from the wealthy means that they won't have money to spend on our salaries.

And so the Obamageddon begins...

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is your home teacher, by the way.

Eldredge Family said...

Go to the 4th folder and your 4th picture in that folder post it! You have been tagged. See my blog if that helps.

Dansie Family said...

i think it is funny how different the reactions can be to the election. i just read a post from a friend who lives in ny and how there was a party all night in the streets. i think either candidate would have done a great job and i am happy to support obama as our president even if i didn't vote for him.