Wednesday, October 15, 2008

IT'S A.....

'nother boy. He really wasn't the most cooperative little thing (he gets it from his Daddy). He was curled up with his back facing the screen and stayed that way. I think he was probably hungry, I hadn't eaten since breakfast and it was 3 p.m. I can always feel a little bit of movement about 20 minutes after I eat something. I should have eaten on the way over to wake him up a bit. When it came time to see his "boy parts" this was the most clearly we've seen so far... it was a side profile and there was no mistaking that we have a little boy on the way. We both saw it even before the tech said anything.
I'm not sure how to break the news to Gabriel; he's getting another brother, not that sister he keeps talking about. It's gotten to the point that when I refer to the baby he corrects me and says no it's my sister. Poor little guy, I feel bad for him. We really were fine with either gender, but Gabriel has been so insistant, I almost hoped it was a girl so he'd be happy. I guess that's just how life goes. I'm excited to use all the cute little outfits that have been packed up for 2 years.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! He'll be so adorable, just like your other cuties!

Sheffer's said...

Yeah for boys! I have a friend with 3 boys and a girl and she always tells me you don't really know what it's like to raise boys until you have 3 of them! We're still hoping and praying for a little girl over here, but if we get another boy, it'll be fun too. (Plus we're planning #4 soon, so we'll have another shot at it! I know, we're crazy) Miss you! I want to see pictures of you guys!

Dansie Family said...

congrats! you'll just have to have another to get your girl.

Linda said...

We like boys in our family! And the one girl, too! Congrats--it will be fun!

Eldredge Family said...

Hey Maraih I found your blog if that is okay?! Anyways I was so upset when I found out I had a 3rd boy on the way. I really did cry I wanted a girl so badly. Then we got our little girl it was awesome and almost weird because what do I do with a baby girl? Then when we found out our 5th was another boy we just laughed so hard! I still am in shock that I have 4 boys. I saw what Roy and Doy did to my poor parents! Anyways, I think it takes a special person to raise a bunch of little men! When the boys do something naughty, I say I wonder what I did in Heaven to deserve this? My mom corrects me and says you must have done something right to have the privilege to raise future priesthood holders! Anyways love ya and hope everything is gong great for you!

Amanda Griggs said...

Congrats on the new baby, and esp. the new little baby boy! You are such a great mom! I didn't even know you were pregnant until my mom said you were having a boy! We are exactly one month apart! I find out 11/11! I am sooooo excited! Congrats!!

Liz said...

Howdy Mariah! So happy for you and your family. Congratulations from the Reidhead's.

Ava Nielson said...

Congrats! However, this does prove my theory that only Melinda and myself can make girls in this ward...someone has to help us out! :)