Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Undecided"



So Stephen and I have lots of political conversations, but most of them are when the kids are in bed so that we can talk without interruption. It's been interesting watching what the boys pick up from those around them.

On the 11th we went to the Buckelew Farm Pumpkin Patch. (I have pictures somewhere in my digital mess) After they picked their pumpkins we went to play the games in all the little booths. One booth had a pumpkin painted to look McCain and one painted to look like Obama. The kids got to look at the painted faces and "vote" for who they wanted. Both chose Obama, we were good and didn't do ANY coaching on who to pick. I asked why they picked that one, pointing to the Obama pumpkin, and Garrett said, "Daddy!" When I looked again that pumpkin did have black hair and brown eyes just like Daddy. These boys LOVE their Dad.

We went on with life; and this morning Stephen was reading the headlines outloud during breakfast. One of the headlines said something about Obama, I don't remember what exactly. Garrett looked up from his cereal and said, "Obama scary me." Just two weeks ago he was voting for the pumpkin rendition of him. So, I guess he's one of those undecided voters out there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny! "Obama scary me!" I love it. Your boys are going to be so smart just like their parents!

How are you feeling? If you need a little break and want me to watch your kiddos give me a call!

Sharron said...

Hey Angie, I need a break, can I call you?

maia said...

i found your blog! u never gave it to me!!! :) when ayla was watching obama's acceptance speech she turned to me and said, "I like him, mommy" (knowing full and well that i don't) and so i asked her why and she said, "Because he sorta looks like Desmond." but it's not like most people that voted for him didn't have reasons just as ridiculous. ugggghhh.... anyway! i'm adding u to my blog so i can check in! i just barely found out u r having a boy because of ur moms blog!