Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nap time

Stephen thinks he's funny, when he can catch me "sleeping on the job". Notice the kids are still wearing their bibs from dinner. At least I got them fed right?? This was a pretty exhausting day.



Gabriel rarely sleeps in the afternoons anymore, but he does do "quiet time". I can usually hear him in his room playing who knows what, but I can tell he's got quite the imagination. He recently went through a phase and refused to close the door. I told him he had to stay IN his room, I caught him doing this one day. When he looked up and noticed me there he said, "I'm still in my room." I wouldn't care if he would stay right there, but he doesn't, he sneaks farther and farther out. Garrett's door is close to Gabriel's and often Garrett wakes up. When that happens we have CRANKY evenings. I think we've come to an understanding..."quiet time" is in a room with a closed door now, but if you want to stay awake you can.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Mariah. I loved reading your updates and ejoyed the photos of your little men. They are getting so big! I have ghekos too. They cling to my kitchen window at night. Mine are pink is that what color your are? Yours look gray in the photo. Maybe mine are on radiation or something! LOL

Linda said...

Great pictures and funny stories. Your little guys are good subjects for a book about raising kids; they're so normal and imaginative. Love reading your posts.

Sharron said...

Some one sure has cute grandsons, don't they?

Katrina said...

cute pictures. I love the cheese stick one. That is so my children.

Dunklees said...

Quiet time is my best friend! Even my girls who are 8 and 11 have quiet time on Sundays and days off of school. The down time is good for everybody!