Monday, April 5, 2010

Conversation with Garrett

I've posted a lot about Garrett lately, but the inner workings of his brain make me wonder sometimes.

We were at church and Garrett says he has to go potty. I whisked him out and to the bathroom. He finished peeing, turned around and announced he had to poop too. He kinda had second thoughts when he saw how big the potty was and realized we didn't have his little seat with us. I told him I could just hold him there. So there we were, he looks me in the eye and says, "Poop is so awesome! There's big ooonneess and little ooonneess, little balls, and GREAT BIG TALL ONES!!" Yeah thanks for the tutorial kid, now get your business done so we can go feel the spirit...or something like that. We're the family that sits down and everyone around us groans because our little dears are NOT reverent, try as we might to keep them quiet.

On our way to the car after church he found a leaf and kept talking about it. I thought he was calling it a Mormon leaf till I focused on what he was saying. He kept asking if I liked his "mormous" (enormous) leaf.

This kid is going to give his teachers a run for their money in ways Gabriel hasn't even thought of yet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tee hee hee. Poop, always makes ya laugh.

Alison said...

Kids are so silly. By the way, you sat behind us a couple Sundays ago and your kids are not bad. Little Lincoln was the loudest but that's because he is still little. Trust me, there are some families I would way less like to have behind me in church. Your little monkeys do pretty good I think.

Brianna said...

Amazing what kids will sit and talk about, huh? And why do they usually pull out the poop ones at the dinner table, or in public? We'll get our sweet revenge when they are teenagers! :)