Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week 1

We've all made it through week 1 of the academy. Stephen has to be there and ready to go at 6:00 am sharp. It's only a 10 minute drive, but he has to cross railroad tracks and the road he has to take is the only one left open after they shut two others down for construction. Good ol' construction I might get lost without all the orange cones leading me around town all the time. He's built in an extra 15 minutes to allow for trains and all the dumb people on the road with him. He's doing well on the academics and is doing well in the physical stuff despite being in the same group as the "bull". I guess there's a guy coming out of the Marines, I think, that is MASSIVE. Stephen said when we was doing the initial strength testing and all the muscles in his shoulders and neck tensed he looked like a bull. I don't know that he knows he's the "bull" but that's what I call him. You can imagine Stephen standing next to him...I want a picture of it. ;-)

This leaves me against...I mean...with the boys in the mornings. If they all have relatively clean clothes on, clean faces, get dropped off to the right place at the right time, and by some miracle I somehow make it to work on time I declare it a successful morning. I'm blessed that my Mom is willing to feed the little boys breakfast when they get to her house so that just leaves me and Gabriel to feed. You'd think that would be no problem, EXCEPT Gabriel can't focus on something like eating for longer than 2 seconds. Then Garrett sees him eating and wants some too. Even when I do feed them they act like they're starving when they get to my Mom's. There's no winning. All three boys need to be dropped off at different places at different times on Mondays and Wednesdays so those are exciting driving mornings, Tuesdays and Thursdays are a little quieter, Friday, glorious, Friday we're both home, and Saturday I work a little over six hours so Stephen is here with the boys. This should be exciting. Showers are tricky; I love love love my sleep so I want to sleep till the last minute, but if I do that leaves unsupervised wild yahoos in charge of the house. My showers have had to cut into my sleep time and are about a nano second in length, but I'm clean and that's all anyone wants.

I L O V E that Stephen gets home at the same time everyday...nice and predictable. I need predictable, I'm a planner. We are so excited and relieved about this blessing. I pray we can live in a way to show our Heavenly Father how grateful we really are. It's gonna be a wild few months, but we're tough and will succeed.

P.S. If the kids start looking a little raggedy, love them anyway it's not their fault. Their Mom is a little hair-brained these days. Someday I hope I can figure out where I left my brain and get it back again. :)

4 comments:

supersheffam said...

I'm so glad you guys are seeing some light at the end of your long tunnel. ;) We're finally starting to get a few answers to our burning questions, which is making it easier to wait for the rest of the answers we need this year. Oh, and if you see my brain on your way to find yours, will you send it my way? I lost it a few years ago.... :)

Sharron said...

I found my brain once . . it was n't what it was cracked up to be . . . . don't waste your time looking.

Do you get the feeling that we will all be ready for summer . . oh wait, that's when it's hotter than your furnace. . . forget that!

Brianna said...

Good luck! You guys are doing great...and from experience I've found that most people are willing to love our kids, even when the look a little raggedy!

If you do find your brain soon...can you come help me find mine? :)

Courtney said...

Sounds like some very busy mornings. Good luck with everything!