Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day Care Kid

For several weeks now every day that I pick Gabriel up from school he irritatedly asks, "Why can't I go to day care?!?" I smiled and explained each time that it's for kids whose Mommy and Daddy both work and they don't have a Nanny's house to go to. He then tells me to start working more so he can go to day care. Hmmm, I feel loved.

Garrett's in the same stage of terror that Gabriel went through a couple years ago...only Gabriel didn't have an older sibling to get things started. I keep seeing Gabriel start things then calm himself down and leave Garrett psycho to get in most of the trouble. If we can keep the big boys separated they both tend to do better on the behavior front. Soooo, Gabriel gets his wish. Tuesdays and Thursdays I work till 5:30. He now gets to go to the after school program and I pick him up on the way home.

Today was his first day, he was so excited this morning when I told him where he'd be going after school. When I picked him up he said it was so fun and he wants to go everyday. Um, let me think about this, NO. Two days a week provide plenty of "recess and snacks" (that obviously I'll have to provide to ensure they're soy/lacto free) for him. He did mention that they "practiced math 160 times" and that was too much. There are 4 other kids from his class that go too. He had fun playing with them.

He knows that this isn't a requirement so we'll see how long he likes it. Hopefully we can get Garrett through this crappy stage and back to being a normal boy with a little separation.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

I love those days when your kids basically tell you its okay if you stay at work a little longer! Ahh, if only they knew. Anyway, glad I'm not alone on that one. Hang in there!