Saturday, April 10, 2010

Swamp Cooler

I got done with work today at 3:05, that would be 5 minutes PAST the time I was supposed to get out, big deal you may say, but I'd been there since 9:00 am and was ready to GO. Stephen had sent a message with the measurements for cooler pads.

**sigh**

'Tis already time to set up the darn cooler again. Swamp coolers are awful! They work pretty well till the monsoon makes its appearance, but then they don't do anything but swirl around wet, warm air. The WORST part is they make your house smell like a fish tank.
D I S G U S T I N G !
That drives me crazy every year. During summers past when I was pregnant there were many a dinners lost due to this little issue. I was chatting with the guy at Home Depot about a little block that is supposed to help with the stink. He says they'll last about two months...just in case you were curious. :-) He suggested we get AC. I said my husband just got a job and AC is definitely on the list....right after the leaking roof, fence that is laying on the ground right now, and catch up is done. He asked if he'd been out of work. I said he had and we were actually grateful to still own a house to hook a swamp cooler up on. As an additional warm fuzzy, the gift card we'd been given at Christmas was the exact amount we needed to get the cooler set up. We'd been saving it for something special. I don't know that this qualifies as special, but it will certainly be something we can use and "enjoy" everyday. :+) Christmas you say, there hasn't even been a post on that. This is true I had no words to describe this past Christmas...and still don't. I will say the Lord sent many to us. We shed tears more than once over the overwhelming amount of love we were the recipients of. Christmas 2009 is in that special place in my heart reserved for things I can't even begin to describe. I know the Lord loves us, and I know there are people here on Earth that love us, and tear up just thinking about it.

I still hold firm, swamp coolers STINK, but I'm certainly not moaning and groaning like I normally do. We'd been thrown down the path that usually ends with losing your home. We've been led by the Lord throughout these last couple years as important decisions came our way. I'm grateful everyday that we listened and followed the guidance or I shudder to think where we'd be right now.

Happy Summer! It's gonna be a HOT one!

3 comments:

Sharron said...

Congratulations, you can now meander aw well as your ole mama can! But I did appreciate your comments on Christmas. It was a unique one, wasn't it? Wouldn't want to repeat it in some respects, but if we do, it will not set us all in a tail spin like the last two years have . . . now that we can prepare for it and all . . . ha ha!

Brianna said...

Today was so hot (comparitively speaking)...that it felt like the beginning of summer. It made me a little sad. I'd been enjoying the beautiful weather, and hoping to make it to the zoo or something beforeit got too hot. Oh well. Next year maybe.

We've been on the path to loosing our house and cars, etc, since 2007. Hopefully our end is in sight, but not yet. Either way, as long as we still have a house, you and the boys are welcome to come over on one of those muggy monsoon days! :)

Linda said...

We're still swampers if you can believe it! I love how you expressed your gratitude for blessings. Helps me see all of mine!