Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Breaks

I used to live for breaks from school/work. I loved Rodeo Break, Christmas Break, the random Friday off, and most of all Summer Break. I got to hang out with Stephen, get out and do some fun stuff, and could get a few things done that had been hanging around.

Those days are gone; I D O N O T like breaks anymore!

I'll spare you the details of why I don't like them anymore, but I will say I miss Stephen, I miss feeling useful and like I accomplished something, I miss regular showers, and I miss myself. There is not even a shadow of the girl I used to be left around here. I've seen pictures...I wasn't that bad. Where did I go? This tired worn out hag has worn out her welcome; not to mention, she's a lousy mom and housekeeper. Stink!

Here's to another horribly HOT 110 degree day tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that won't help my disposition much. Mainly because at that temperature everything in the backyard is too hot to touch...meaning everyone is inside...our little house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing this comes with age. I often think, "what ever happened to the fun-loving, happy girl I used to be?" Oh the sorrow when innocence dies...I, too, miss when breaks actually meant getting a break rather than time to play catch up.

But, I don't miss Arizona summers. Ninety degrees is enough for me!

Linda said...

Hmm, sounds like Mariah is pregnant! And it's summertime! I hear ya. "And this too shall pass," but not for a while probably, but there will come a day when you kinda wish those kids were little again, you feel life in your belly again, and other things that are gone. I promise! Put a smile on your face, and say, "this is my life now!"

Brianna said...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I LOVE breaks because I get to do things like Clean my house, or organize the garage in the early morning hours before the sun heats everything up to the temperature of an oven. But I can understand how hot days can make a house seem even smaller than it is! It's hard when the kids can't go out to play, and its so hot you definitely do NOT want to get in the car to go somewhere. It's crazy. But hey, I still offer a day at my house sometime this summer. :) And if you need a break that bad, you are even welcome to come all by yourself! We can talk baby girl stuff. hehe.

Hang in there. Summer is flying by and will be over before you know it. I wish it weren't so, because I have to go back to my 12 hour days at work...but hey, it's a much needed paycheck.

Love you guys!!! Boys, be nice to your mommy!!! :)

Munchkin Invasion said...

Your pregnant...it's hot...and the boys are out of school...I can TOTALLY relate. In August, you'll feel like a new woman. :)