Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wah Wah Wah

This is gonna be a long, nasty summer.

After another day of dealing with my pre-pubescent mouthy 10 year old...oh wait he's only 5...AND A BOY and not supposed to act like that...I'm feeling irritated. The heat doesn't help. The slightest bit of moisture that crept into town today rendering my swamp cooler useless doesn't help. The fact that I have a full 9 months of "night sickness" doesn't help. The excessive fatigue doesn't help. Is Valley Fever or something going around? I feel more tired than normal pregnant tired. Having everything in the back yard too hot to touch doesn't help. Sometimes I just need to throw those yahoos outside for a while. Poor Lincoln ran out the door today as I was telling him "no no it's hot" and burned his poor feet something awful. I hopes he remembers how hot it is now. Poor kid. Rarely getting a shower doesn't help...Mommy's need those you know. Never wanting to eat anything but eggs and chocolate shakes doesn't help....not a great diet for growing a brain or preventing too much growth on my butt. The car we sold a while ago had remote start on it; I MISS IT SOOO MUCH! Oh, to be able to get the AC running while I round everyone up...wah wah wah. I feel whiny today.

Gabriel's quote of the day: (While flinging part of his lunch that he didn't want to eat and stomping off down the hall) "You NEVER give me what I want!!" No, son I sure don't and the younger you get used to that fact the better we'll all be. Watch out world he thinks he's turning 13.

On a completely different note:
This is a question for all of you that have had girls and boys. With the boys from the second I felt flutters I felt them all the time. They were as wild inside as they are now. I've begun feeling the flutters, but they are not often and it has me super paranoid. I'm not naive to the fact that many of these precious little ones are called back way too soon. Are girls quieter?? Do girls tend to not move as much or as often as boys?? If this is a normal difference I'll try to relax about it, if not I want to find out what's going on. Any more experienced perspectives would be very helpful.

3 comments:

Sheffer's said...

I've never given birth to a girl, but I can tell you that I rarely felt more than flutters with Caleb. Even up to the time he was born. I think the placenta was in the way. Or maybe it was just telling of his quiet, thoughtful personality. Always go with your gut, though. :D

Sharron said...

Your were a mover and shaker, rob beat me to a pulp and you know how Sarah just wrapped sideways and and got comfortable. If I pushed her hard enough when she got bigger, she would stretch and get comfortable again. It worried me too, but as long as you are feeling something, get your mind on something else. Stress puts less healthy chemicals in your blood stream!

Linda said...

Every pregnancy is different! Try to relax and enjoy the journey--yeah right!