Thursday, June 24, 2010

Moving Out


All packed up.


Front pocket.


Main pocket.


After I'd had it yesterday and banished the big boys to their bedroom, Gabriel came out with his backpack filled and announced, "I'm moving out!"

I had to laugh because he didn't want to run away, but to move out. Notice he only packed toys no clothes, or food or any of those handy move out items. He's been informing his brothers that he's the oldest so he's really just like Mom and Dad. We keep trying to correct him and reinforce the concept that he's still a kid and needs to let us do the correcting. So far it hasn't stuck. I cringe every time I tell him I'm the Mommy not you...because...I've heard the same thing directed to me so many times. ;-/ Most of the time he's getting on them about something legitimate, but I already know all the answers so don't need help. (wink wink)

Today he decided he'll go ahead and stay for a few years.

Speaking of moving, every time he sees a commercial, for one of the home builders around town, advertising the great prices to take some of their homes off their hands; he'll look over at me with the biggest excited smile ever and say, "HEY let's go MOM! Let's move into a new house!" He really thinks it'd be great to move into a new house. Someday he will definitely get his wish...

5 comments:

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

My favorite line: "Dads the master, Moms the boss and you're the kid."


Oh and if you want a new house, my parents is for sale! :)

Sheffer's said...

Every time we visit a friend who lives in a house (not a townhome like us), Logan asks us when we'll live in a big house for the next week! He hasn't thought of moving himself, though. We have the same problem with Logan being in charge. It drives me crazy sometimes!

Sharron said...

You're all wrong . . . . the grandmas have all the answers!

I like, "Dads the head of the family and Mom's the neck that turns it!"

Brianna said...

I remember the days when my younger brothers (two of them actually) would pack their bags to leave. I remember being worried the first time, and then thinking it was funny later when they'd make a big scene, just to end up staying. hehe. Too funny. I also remember my mom always telling me I was in charge when she was gone because I was the oldest, and then my younger brother telling me some day he'd be bigger than me, and then HE'D be in charge! Boys are silly!!!

Dunklees said...

That will be a great story to tell him when he's a teenager!