Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's a Sign....


Graco Snugride Infant Car Seat - Talula



All of our car seats have started expiring, starting with the infant carrier. So, I've started looking around so see what's out there at this point. We had a snugride before and I really liked it. I was looking some more today and ran across this. It's called Talula.

Annndd...you may be saying.

When I was in college my program was small and we often had the same teacher for a couple classes in a row. One semester I was filling out my index card for a teacher I happen to have for 3 classes. Instead of my name I wrote "Telulah" except it seems like there was a double 'L' in there somewhere. I don't remember exactly how I spelled it. The name stuck and for the remainder of the program, and to this day, I'm still called Telulah by my friends and teachers from the Interpreter Program. So, when I saw this seat happens to have the same name I figured it MUST be a sign. Right??

We'll end up with some green thing because we have to be practical at this point and go gender neutral, but oh there was a time I would have been all over this...just because of the name and because I could. :-)

I can't wait for Stephen to get home so I can show him "our new seat". He's so good humored about this kind of stuff. I'll get a smile, a little eye roll and something along the lines of "uh-huh". We're lucky that we're both practical and cheap in very similar ways so he'll know he doesn't have to worry.


The other day he did ask if girls have as many shoes as grown up girls. Hilarious. I smiled and said that they should, but I'll probably keep it just like the boys...sandals, Sunday shoes, and tennis shoes...but by dang I'll always look.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

It is always fun to look at girl stuff. It just seems to be cuter and more fun, maybe because there seem to be more colors and options for girls. Although I have to say that boy things do keep getting better and cuter. We went the gender neutral route too when we had Ethan, which is smarter, not that we have to worry about girl stuff.

Sharron said...

Oh Courtney . . . . I seem to remember hearing that last line in your comment somewhere before . . . Oh yeah, it was Mariah!

dhillman said...

Ha Ha! I loved this post, made me smile and laugh!
Telulah--that is awesome!
I will bet money that she has more shoes than the boys!

Brianna said...

Well...it is a cute car seat! And even though I just have girls, we have a gender neutral one too...from Tati...in the hopes that number #3 would be shortly behind her. I better check to see how it is doing in terms of its expiration date. She wasn't in it very long, so its in great condition.

Munchkin Invasion said...

Are you saying that you are having a girl?!!!????!!! Or am I reading between the lines? If you are having a girl - you are getting the Talula seat - I will HAPPILY purchase that little baby present!!! PLEASE let it be a girl!!!! That would be so fun.

And, whoever heard of carseats expiring? That is the weirdest thing to me - but ours is expiring this year too...hmmmm...I wish I were buying a Talula seat.

Are you having a girl?

pawlowski said...

So I have not gotten on anyone's blog for awhile, and totally missed your anounncement...That is SO exciting!!! Congratulations!!! Girls are SO fun...especially after all those boys! She will be so spoiled!! I tell you, fourth time's a charm. ;) I hope your doing okay, I was way more hormonal with my girl though, that was the major difference. Good luck!

Munchkin Invasion said...

I just read your intro and saw that you are having a girl. I'm SOOOO excited for you.... Congrats!!!