Tuesday, August 25, 2009

After a Loooong Day

Monday was a really long day full of craziness! Gabriel came home so over stimulated he was just flat out naughty. I put him in the back yard to play and decompress for a while. Next thing I know he comes running in because Lola (our noisy little Chihuahua) is running down the road. I asked how and why she got out. He said, "She squeezed under the fence." Noticing the shovel in his hand I asked if he'd hit her with it. He said, "Well, she wouldn't stop barking."

I called her back to the house safe and sound. A car had driven by in the meantime, I'm glad she didn't get hit. I went back to the yard and called him in. His first question, "Did you call Dad?" "No" "Are you going to call Dad?" "Yep" "Oh, (looks down sadly) ok."

I put him in his room for a chill out. We found him under his bed sound asleep a little while later. The nap did the trick he was happy for the rest of the evening.

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Arianna read the post with me, and she wanted me to say this "I love Gabriel and Garrett, and it makes me so happy when I come to your house." Nothing to do with your story really...but I still thought it was sweet. :)

Mariah said...

Thanks for the note Arianna you are such a sweetheart! I like it when you come to our house to play too. You can come visit these wild cousins anytime.

Liz said...

Glad your dog wasn't hurt. Smacked him with a shovel...sounds like something Royal did when he was little.