Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back-to-School Picnic


I give up on getting things in the right order...and I can't manage to get my cursor above the picture. Oh well, here it all is.

I love the contrast between Stephen and Lincoln's skin tones. Lincoln was super happy this night for some reason, he was a show stealer.

Gabriel's school had a fun back to school picnic. Part of the reason I chose the school and program that he's in was because of the family focus that the district has. There are so many fun family friendly activities throughout the year. I'm excited to go to them.


We lost Garrett, like real lost, not just lost sight of him for a minute. We were freaked out. He was in a bright yellow shirt yet we still couldn't spot him. I headed one way and Stephen headed back to the parking lot. Just as he got there he found him with another dad bringing him back down to the picnic area. Later Stephen said, "I guess that's what a prompting feels like. I just felt like I needed to get back to the parking lot...I thought I was going to see someone taking him." Heart stopping scary time. Garrett was scared too, but is still hard to keep track of in public. I hope he'll stay closer without something horrible happening. Pizza made everything better.


Grandpa Joe called so Stephen put his ear "cockroach" on Gabriel's ear so they could talk. Funny boy. He was pretty excited about pizza too. It has soy in it so he's only allowed to have it when he's in a place to work off all the excess energy, then go to bed and sleep off any remaining effects from it.



Gabriel encouraging Lincoln in his efforts to sit all by himself....he's close.


There were some cute booths set up for the kids to go and "visit" other places around the world. Poor Lincoln assumed the "along for the ride position".

Australia:
Gabriel LOVED the sack races. He informed me that it was a tie. I'll let him see the pictures later when he's older to see the actual results.



"Hawaii"
The kids made little fruit, marshmallow, and candy bracelets. The funny thing was that the candy was Mexican candy with chili in it. The next day was pretty funny when he tried to eat it. Not even a full minute into it he came running in and said he was all done....looking really hopeful that I would let him spit it out. I obviously let him and then he attacked the sink to get a drink.
Hilarious.

New York:
He watched a couple other kids bob for apples then decided to do it himself. I was really surprised because he's never been a fan of water in his face. He dove right in. He beamed with pride when he actually got an apple. He was hungry and got even more excited when I told him he got to eat it too.



So much excitement....what's left to do but fall sound asleep. He has his 6 month appointment tomorrow I'm curious to see if he's hit 20 pounds yet and will need to be moved to the convertible seat. Those legs of his are sure hanging off the end now.

3 comments:

Brianna said...

What a fun activity! It looks like everyone had a blast. I sure am glad Garrett is okay.

Love the pictures...lots of special memories. :)

Molly said...

What a fun picnic. I'm glad you found Garrett - we lost Andie at DISNEYWORLD....yes - that HUGE place where it doesn't matter what color of clothes their wearing - everyone else is too. I had gone off to fill up Ali's bottle with water and my husband and parents were in line with the kids. I came back and said, "Where's Andie?" She had wandered off without them noticing. Obviously we found her, but panic hit HARD! So, glad he is ok.

I'm glad the kids have fun with Grandpa Joe - that guy is a crack-up. Good times!

Liz said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Loosing a kids is SO very scary and when you finally find them I never know if I want to smack them or hug them. Of course I hug but smacking might make me feel better. :) Lincoln is getting so big and he looks really Long maybe he's going be tall? He's such a cutie pie.