Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fall is in the air...

The boys found the hat box while I was nursing. I found Gabriel in the backyard in Stephen's old hat. He looked up and said, "Do I look like a soldier?" Somehow in his mind this is the kind of hat that soldiers wear, I'm still wondering what he saw to have come up with this interpretation. That water gun is one that Stephen won back in high school. It's an amazing one....that was recalled and taken off the market because it was so powerful and could cause injuries. It's loved by all and will be a sad, sad day when it breaks.

Not to be outdone by his brother Garrett picked his own hat. It's a hat from when I was a little girl and had lots of pink on it. He was so cute running around in that hat and only a pull-up. Gabriel informed me that Garrett was a lady because of the kind of hat he had on.


I was a little concerned about them overheating when I came back in and the news said the current temp on our side of town was 106 degrees. These boys are crazy!

When I went in to check on them, as I was going to bed later, I had to take these crazy hats off their sweaty heads.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

There is something about hats and coats that make them so neat to little kids! (maybe because we hardly ever wear them here...) They seem to be willling and excited to wear them, no matter how hot it is outside. Crazy indeed!