Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ahhh, Quiet Time

Ready for Battle
(with my vacuum crevice tool, of course)


We've been having a rough go of things with this little man lately. I've been tearing my hair out, and still am at an absolute loss as to how to stop some of the behaviors coming out of this kid. Despite it all he can still make me smile.

He came running out of quiet time this afternoon looking like this and announcing,
"We're playing lamanites!"
There are no Nephites around here, which is ok since I'm raising a bunch of little lamanites. They love the story of Samuel the Lamanite and make the generalization from that one story. Let's hope Samuel's the role model they choose to follow. On Sundays when we put in one of the Living Scriptures movies they always ask, "Is there any killing?" You'd think we were letting them watch horrible stuff all the time...we don't. They watched the story of King Noah a couple of weeks ago Garrett asked about killing and Gabriel answered, "YES, the bad guys have to get killed."
"Sword Holder"
(stretching the already stretched neck even more)


*Note to Nanny: After I told Gabriel that he can't stretch the neck on his shirt out; he asked if Nanny could make a Lamanite costume with a sword holder. I ruined all his fun right after the picture when I made him take his shirt off so it didn't get any worse.*

6 comments:

Sheffer's said...

Hahaha I had to hide our vacuum attachments because the boys cracked them from too many sword fights. ;D We don't have any Nephite/Lamanite battles around here yet, but I did get their attention pretty good tonight by reading about Ammon cutting off the Lamanite robber's arms! Gotta love the crazy boys we have. How did your alone time go? I dream of that day...

Sharron said...

LOL That boy is going to do in all of his shirt necklines, one way or another! he was pretty fascinated with the k'nex today. Hope projects like that will get his racing little mind busy . . . that and school!

Give him a hug and tell him Nanny is excited for him!

Brianna said...

Looks like Granny Nanny has her first christmas request! :)

Joni said...

I remember those days with James and the swords. He had quite a collection! We have some funny stories about the animated Book of Mormon videos. When my nephew and neice were younger they were fighting one day and my nephew who was about 7 at the time was fighting over something with his sister who ws about 4. She was trying to get something away from him and he stood up and threw his hand up in the air and yelled, "Touch me not! I am filled with the power of God!"
After that my sister decided he had watched the video of Laman, Lemuel and Nephi too many times.

Sharron said...

Yesterday Gabriel made sure that I understood him when he asked if I could make him a Lamanite costume and lamanite holder. I finally figured out that he meant a sword holder . . LOL. This was for Halloween he was asking for.

Unknown said...

Now THAT is adorable. What creative little boys!