Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Seriously?!??


Our little Garrett gives very sweet prayers. It doesn't matter what kind of crazy noisy he's been making, when he starts praying he switches to his "sweet" voice. It's very quiet so unless he's on your lap or really close you can't hear much. Last night it was his turn for night prayers. He crawled up on Stephen's lap and began. I was close enough I could actually hear what he was saying. It was a very thankful night; I love these kind of nights and waiting to see all the funny things he expresses thanks for. He gave his thanks for some toys and pinecones and clothes and and lots of cute things. He ended by saying, "and thank you for weenies so we can go pee pee in the potty and go to pre-school." I fought cracking up till I looked up and saw Stephen silently laughing too. Oh, my little Garrett we just love you. Could it be so?? Has he seen the potty training light?? He's been pretty darn dry for the last few days. I hope with the help he'll get from his sweet prayer that maybe just maybe I'll have two potty trained boys soon.

6 comments:

Sharron said...

He has had a couple of dry days here . . . of course that mess in his pants when he got up from his nap today was a little nasty, but he didn't pee pee, just pooped! What can I say? He was kind of upset by it by I reminded him that he was asleep and couldn't help it.

Linda said...

That is sweet! I promise you he won't be wearing diapers when he enters high school! If that's any consolation.

Brianna said...

You know, the power of a small child is an amazing thing! My mom loves to tell me of times when my brother or I would teach them of the power of prayer by praying for something and then just having faith and everything would work out. One time it was praying for the lawn mower to work so we could watch dad mow the law for FHE, and after my brother's prayer...it worked. Another time it was me needing to overcome sucking my thumb. My mom told me I could not have a birthday party unless I stopped. So she said I went into my room and she overheard my prayer, in which I asked for help to not suck my thumb anymore. And she said that was it, I was done. She would even check on me in my sleep to see if I was just being sneaky, but I wasn't. And when asked how I did it, I would simply tell her that I asked for help in my prayer. Oh what I would trade for that childlike faith today.

Liz said...

I love listening to children pray. I wish I had written down some of my kids prayers when they were little ones. How priceless those would be...I'm sure God has them written some where.

Potty training advice from me...I told Crystal this yesterday..."Don't worry they all eventually "GET IT"! I don't see too many grown up's not potty trained...they "Get it" eventually!" It's just different for each of them but before you know it this time will be behind you.

Carrie and Michael Brown said...

This was too funny! Cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

What a great prayer! I love goofy kid prayers. My favorite was a girl in Primary several years ago who prayed that the dead people would be nice to us. I wonder what scary movie she had watched Saturday night...