Monday, August 10, 2009

Lincoln

You may be wondering how our Little Lincoln is handling all the excitement of school...well not to be left out, he spends time with his own books learning the ways of the world. After so much mental stimulation...or trying to survive the vigorous loving his brothers give him...he had to catch a nap. I'm secretly jealous of such naps.


Notice the little red scratch on his head? I asked what happened to him and Gabriel immediately said Garrett did it followed with an, "I think". I asked if he actually saw Garrett do it and he said no BUT it was probably and ant. I explained that ants don't scratch they bite. So then he explained that it was really probably a scratching bug that did it and then flew away. I still don't know what happened.

He really likes this jumpy thing. The other day I came in and he was scrunched down like this, so I picked him back up and got him settled again...

Just to find him scrunched back down. He fussed when I tried to pick him back up so I left him. He just hung out like this for nearly 45 minutes.

When he's content he's really content. When he's mad he's really mad. He's finally getting around to growing some hair and really enjoys the mornings that are big brother free. He can roll and squirm all over the floor with no danger of getting smooshed. He's starting to pull up his hips when he's on his tummy. As soon as he actually makes it to his knees once, he'll be off and running...or crawling I guess. His smile is so infectious. He'll just sit and watch someone out of the corner of his eye, waiting for them to look over then he throws them the hugest smile EVER! I love it. It almost seems like he smiles with his whole face, you can't help but smile back at him. I love to snuggle him under my chin, although he doesn't do that very often now. He's like Garrett, just wants to be put in bed and left alone when it's time to sleep. Sometime I'll share some of the special experiences I've had associated with this little guy. His big brothers love him SO much! They often call him Little Linky (or Wittle Winky by Garrett) it's cute. He's recently learned how to rock himself in his infant carrier. I was at a wedding reception over the weekend and he rocked himself the entire time I was there, especially when the fast dance music came on. My mom looked over and thought I was rocking him. He gets his little legs going and rocks bigger and bigger...it keeps him very entertained.

It's so much fun to see how each kid is so different and has so much to contribute to a family in their own way. It's true that your heart just keeps growing bigger and bigger to make room to love each new addition.

7 comments:

Liz said...

What a handsome little man! Glad your getting some "down" time with just him. It's nice to have that and not feel so S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-D! I love the nick name "Linky" too cute. I'm wondering if Garrett would draw you a picture of those scratchy bugs! HA HA. Too cute.

Brianna said...

I am secretly jealous of his naps too! :) He is such a cute little guy, and my girls love him so much! It's fun to see how he is growing! Keep the pictures coming.

Sharron said...

Nanny loves her Wittoe Wincoln! It is so fun seeing how that gene pool keeps coming up with a totally different child each time. And those boys do all have their own personality!

Sheffer's said...

He is so much bigger than Roman! He's so cute, Mariah. Roman is the same way about movement, he's so on the verge of getting into everything. You can see it in his eyes, "if I could just figure out how to move my hands and get over there..." :D Love the nickname, too.

Alison said...

I love that little Lincoln! He is just too dang cute. I look forward every Sunday to getting a smile from him.

Noah loved that jumpy thing too. I think it was more popular than the swing.

Molly said...

So cute - thanks for posting. I bet you enjoy only having one in the house for a few hours each day!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

WOW, Lincoln is long long long. His legs go on for miles. And I have a feeling that maybe, just maybe he'll look more like you then your first 2!! ;)